Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sorry Popo People I'm Out

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gaugedholes
Well I'm proud to say I HAve sold my 09 500 HO and Kept My 2010 Sportsman 800 and Just Brought Home a 2011 Can Am X-MR!! Just Way to many problem With my popo's!!!
Don't blame ya... and smart move. Good luck with the Can Am.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:51 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya- I also gotta say- I've never met anyone who's ridden a new big bore can-am want to ride anything else after the experience- usually a grin from ear to ear...
I do like the 850xp though- it has a lot of nice upgrades from the 800 sp- Polaris & Can-Am are both exceptional manufacturers who are always dedicated to pleasing and exceeding their customers expectation in sport utes. I was really impressed with popo's new chassis & suspension design, but polaris need's to streamline the body of their xp a little more for me to get excited enough to jump from my outty or rene to the xp- trails are tight in new-england and the can-am is like a red hot blade slicing through a stick of butter.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:57 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Polaris keeps "Snap On" in business. We employ people unlike Honda and Can AM.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:02 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by TLC
Polaris keeps "Snap On" in business. We employ people unlike Honda and Can AM.
hehe- I dunno,
can-am keeps those mechanics busy with their pain in the *** cvt- my only complaint with'em. I've never had one fail, but they run real noisey and hot. The cvt actually whines like a turbo (all of mine did anyway)

Old 03-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Range Rover

I just glanced at the CanAm forums and the topics I saw were not much different than the popo forum World like help, fix, repair, blown were all there on the first page. Also questions about cylinder kits, tranny forks and carb problems. And they have 10-15 users online and popo forum has about 175+. I think to claim another one is trouble free and one is junk is a misrepresentation. I will admit honda and a couple others may last longer with no maintenance, but is that better. Buy what you want or can afford. But if you have to trash another brand continually to justify it then maybe you are not too confident about your choice. Enjoy the can am, You will not find hard feelings here. One thing about polaris owners you usually don't find spending their time in other forums slamming the brands.

TonyT

Old 03-12-2011, 08:08 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by tonythom
I just glanced at the CanAm forums and the topics I saw were not much different than the popo forum World like help, fix, repair, blown were all there on the first page. Also questions about cylinder kits, tranny forks and carb problems. And they have 10-15 users online and popo forum has about 175+. I think to claim another one is trouble free and one is junk is a misrepresentation. I will admit honda and a couple others may last longer with no maintenance, but is that better. Buy what you want or can afford. But if you have to trash another brand continually to justify it then maybe you are not too confident about your choice. Enjoy the can am, You will not find hard feelings here. One thing about polaris owners you usually don't find spending their time in other forums slamming the brands.

TonyT
I don't see anyone "slamming" any brand here, tony.
just people talking in an open forum.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Range Rover

Isn't the whole premise of this topic " Proud to say i sold it. Way too many problems"?
Wilt replies like don't blame you, They keep snap on in business. I know it is only a forum but messages like these in any other forums are followed by the warning. Don't feed the trolls. Not wanting to start a feud, But i have never seen polaris guy in another forum offering advise then a backhanded remark after. And I mean it when I say thanks for your service to our great country. Tony

Old 03-12-2011, 10:19 AM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Originally Posted by beergut
ohh- canadian dollars
Canadian $ has been worth 2-3% more than the US $ for the past few months so it can't be that.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Those Can-Ams are hot looking machines but I'll have to be convinced that there more reliable than Polaris before I'd buy one . I'm running a 08 500HO with 9000 problem free miles with only standard maintenance could not ask for a more reliable problem free machine there gas and go . I really can't see Can-Am even coming close I'm betting I do another 4000 miles this summer at least I hope to if if don't break down

Old 03-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

Originally Posted by Spdecat
T I'm running a 08 500HO with 9000 problem free miles
you average over 16 mph; where do you ride??

Quick Reply: Sorry Popo People I'm Out