Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check the oil , make sure its not milky, look in the airbox ,see if its wet, there is a plug in the bottom of recoil housing to let the water out

Old 03-24-2011, 05:35 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kerbbirds
check the oil , make sure its not milky, look in the airbox ,see if its wet, there is a plug in the bottom of recoil housing to let the water out

careful-

first you want to remove the atv from the lake before you remove that housing plug- wouldn't want water to get in there and freeze up.......... oh wait

Old 03-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Range Rover

Im suprised he came back after that many ************* remarks.....

Old 03-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy bob
OK thank you all for the reply's i have it out in my garage with a space heater next to it. I also heard you can move the clutch and it should free it up and it should pull start Please let me know if that would work if i tried to do it.
Ever thought of just trying that?
Please respond to www.I'mdumberthanarock.com

Old 03-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Trailblazer

WOW I cant believe (some) of you guys are bashing someone for asking questions. Maybe he is not the sharpest tool in the shed but at least he was doing some research on the problem he is having. I am new to having a four wheeler myself and maybe I might have a little more common sense than others at mechanics and physics of mother nature but I am hoping I don't ask a question and get bashed like that. Just my thoughts

Old 03-25-2011, 10:21 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

If you move the clutch it will free it up because it break the ice chunk into smaller sizes but you do not want those flying around inside the recoil, just thaw and drain.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:31 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HaydenS
but I am hoping I don't ask a question and get bashed like that.
I'm hoping you dont ask a question like that either...

Old 03-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by HaydenS
WOW I cant believe (some) of you guys are bashing someone for asking questions. Maybe he is not the sharpest tool in the shed but at least he was doing some research on the problem he is having. I am new to having a four wheeler myself and maybe I might have a little more common sense than others at mechanics and physics of mother nature but I am hoping I don't ask a question and get bashed like that. Just my thoughts
I think it was as much the 'way' the question was asked. "If u want u can email me at sparky54758@hotmail.com only if u know what is wrong with it." It's almost like it's a privilege to send him an email. But, only if u know the answer. When I post a question I feel like I'm the one privileged to be here and I won't make someone email me to give an answer. Post the question, wait a bit, check back later, and thank everyone for all and any answers. To me that is, more or less, forum etiquette.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Nicely put Moose...

John

Old 03-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah!!!! I see where you are coming from there It could have been asked in a different name. Well you all have his email now.

Quick Reply: Polaris Problem