Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

06 Trail Boss 330

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Trail Boss 330

Hi,

I just bought a 2006 Trail Boss 330 with wiring problem, got the missing plug and soldered them following the color code for each wire, put new battery and changed the starter solenoid, when you turn the key on there's no light (N or R) and no tail light on, when you turn the key to start nothing happens. I can't find a fuse for this machine anywhere and suspect that might be the ECM!
Anyone has a wiring diagram for the this machine and any help is really appreciated, thanks.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Check towards battery and solenoid area,just past the starter solenoid along the frame there should be a sealed pouch,this is the main fuse.Check with a test light on red wire coming out of pouch to see if has power. If not could have bad, corroded fuse(thermal fuse as some call it,resets if has a power surge) This is the main fuse. Also has another fuse at front for fan. If fuse has power then problem could be further up the harness. OPT

Old 04-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, but I don't have that little pouch on the wiring (I know what you are talking about, I have seen it on other Polaris ATVs).
Where is the other fuse located ? I can't seem to see any on the front side of the atv?!!!
A wiring diagram will really help.
Thanks so much.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Med30
Thanks, but I don't have that little pouch on the wiring (I know what you are talking about, I have seen it on other Polaris ATVs).
Where is the other fuse located ? I can't seem to see any on the front side of the atv?!!!
Thanks so much.
#2201795 is the 10 amp circuit breaker for the fan located under the front panel. I'm using the online Polaris parts breakdown, can't remember all the machines,but shows the main fuse pouch at rear of harness,on some models they are tucked in under rear plastic,can be over looked. Can't over rule that ecm could be the problem! I had a few 06 models not under recall that ecms crapped out! Especially since its still a Chinese part. OPT

Old 04-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks I will look for it this afternoon when I get back home and also expose the wires to look for that elusive rear fuse and feedback.
If the ECM is bad, will that prevent the lights from being on when the key is turned on?
Thanks so much for your help.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Thanks I will look for it this afternoon when I get back home and also expose the wires to look for that elusive rear fuse and feedback.
If the ECM is bad, will that prevent the lights from being on when the key is turned on?
Thanks so much for your help.
The ecm if faulty can short out and keep everything from working,plus can be a hazard. OPT

Old 04-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks OPT; here's the result of my troubleshooting:
Ringed all the wires according to their color and everything checked OK then took the kill/light switch apart and Ahaa!!!, it looks like it was taken apart before by the previous owner and lost quite few pieces from the inside, so I traced back the contacts in the kill switch and hard wired them externally and was able to get the lights to come on (N, R and even tail light) but couldn't get the atv to start with the key, so I jump strated it from the solenoid and guess what it fired right up the first time.
I went ahead and ordered a new switch a few minutes ago.
Strated the atv few more times by jump strating it and it fires right up each time, also checked the charging system and it is working perfectly.
Thank you so much for your help and I hope our posts will help someone else in resolving similar issues.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Good deal! OPT

Old 11-22-2017, 09:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also had the issue where none of the lights went on (including the N R F)
There is a fuse inside the front hatch above the from headlight. It looks like a large plug but when you open (unplug) there are 3 fuses inside. The 15A was the one blown on mine.

Thanks so much.

Old 11-23-2017, 06:53 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Sergiof44
I also had the issue where none of the lights went on (including the N R F)
There is a fuse inside the front hatch above the from headlight. It looks like a large plug but when you open (unplug) there are 3 fuses inside. The 15A was the one blown on mine.
What year model do you have? Don't recall seeing that on the 330.

Attached Thumbnails 06 Trail Boss 330-f99243f53705c9fcb5fc1d9ff15bebfe00cf608d.png  

Quick Reply: 06 Trail Boss 330