Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Replacement Axles

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Axles

I'm going to replace both front Axles complete as there starting to click and I think it's time . Question besides the dealer who want's $399 each I can get STI Axles for around $170 each there manufactured by Interparts . Has anyone used or heard of these axels any good or bad .

Old 06-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

did you check ebay or the cv man? find good prices most of the time.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks I'll check the CV man .

Old 07-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

EPI offers axles for most machines. There are a quality replacement axle. You can normally get a complete shaft, half shaft (outer cv joint and axle, or just the cv joints if needed. www.epiperformance.com

Old 07-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by EPIChad
EPI offers axles for most machines. There are a quality replacement axle. You can normally get a complete shaft, half shaft (outer cv joint and axle, or just the cv joints if needed. www.epiperformance.com

I already checked them out , they don't have a set for my machine . I'm ordering a set Monday Interparts have the lead but I'm still researching . I wish stock was a little cheeper than $399 each .

Old 07-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone else know of a good quality company the deals in atv axles . I'v checked EPI and SuperATV-Rhino both don't sell complete axles for my machine . CV man does but I spent a hour reading horror stories about his axles thus I'm keeping away . And I don't need Gorilla's I'm now thinking of changing all 4 .

Old 07-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for checking with EPI. We are always adding new parts and usually add a big group in the fall after summer testing.

I did check and we do have all four cv joint rebuild kits. So if you cv joint housing are in good shape you could rebuild them that way. Its a little more work but gives you another option. The rebuild kit will rebuild the OE joints only. It will have a ball bearings, cage and race, cv boot, clamps and grease pack.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by EPIChad
Thanks for checking with EPI. We are always adding new parts and usually add a big group in the fall after summer testing.

I did check and we do have all four cv joint rebuild kits. So if you cv joint housing are in good shape you could rebuild them that way. Its a little more work but gives you another option. The rebuild kit will rebuild the OE joints only. It will have a ball bearings, cage and race, cv boot, clamps and grease pack.

Thank's I ended up buying some other's and when they wear out or before I'm selling the quad and buying a new one . With the amount of miles I have on it I wanted to replace the complete axle shaft and all . I'm now renting tho a set of torches to blow holes in my steel inner cv cup so I can drop a bolt down and attach a slide hammer . After 3 days now I can't remove my axles both sides pulled apart ( what a pain ) fronts came apart no problem .

Old 07-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider

The rears can be a big pain!! Between a slide hammer, some pry bars, penetrating fluid, and a few cus words they will eventually come out (I hope). Good Luck!