Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

g-force or hpd

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 08:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in buying a pipe and clutch kit for my 250 trailblazer. I am having trouble deciding what to buy but i have narrowed my choices. G-force Racing (formerly FTR) has a pipe syled like a dirt bike pipe that reduces leg heat and the awkward position of the pipe or so they claim. Will this style pipe give me cooling problems because the bulk of the pipe is in front of the motor or would I be better off with the HPD pipe? Either choice I will use a FMF Turbine Core II Silencer with.
Also on the clutching, some i have spoke with say the HPD clutch kit for the TB is very good but doesn't come with a new helix. Others say I should buy a Cluth kit that comes with a new helix and bushed weights such as the Hot Seat or G-force. Is the Helix really that big of deal Or is the Spring for the secondary what matters.
Any Help, Tips, Suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated.

2000 TB /Renthals, fullskids and guards, Bandit xcr and Realtors on Douglas .190 Maier hand guards and PRM rear grab Bar

2000 TB / Wifes Ride
Renthals, full skids and guards, Maier hand guards

Old 03-14-2001, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

You can never go wrong with HPD.

Old 03-14-2001, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

It would not matter if g-force racing made 10hp more or outran an HPD equipped 250 trailblazer,cause you will be doing nothing while your waiting on your parts to get built then eventually shipped(if your so lucky).

www.bertsdirtworks.com

Old 03-14-2001, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

So I am assuming that G-force takes forever to ship and has nothing in stock? G-force seems to be relatively new or atleast new in my eyes. thanks for the tip