*Help Graham 'G-Force' Hicks and Kangaroo Kid break world quadbike land speed record!*

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Graham Hicks is in need of some help to finish his world record breaking quadbike called 'G-Force'.

If you are not familiar with who Graham is, he is the current quadbike land speed world record holder. What makes this record even more incredible is that he is blind and completely deaf. I have included some links and an article at the end of this message about him, the bike, and the record! Check them out!

I have never raced professionaly and do not know much about getting sponsorships. I have been a member of "ATV Connection" for over a year and I know there are some very knowledgeable experts on here and I have even seen the CEO from Cannondale on here (very commendable). I was hoping to get some help from you guys/gals to lead us in the right direction or help out in getting Graham some sponsorships or help locating parts that he needs VERY much. The date for the record attempt is on 13 May 2002 so any and all help is needed as soon as possible in getting these parts together. Graham is also planning on bringing 'G-Force' to the salt flats later this year or next and would like to start building contacts here in America.

Graham has emailed me a list of parts which would be useful to him:

"1. rear mudguards - we'd like a pair of the type hugging plastic
guards that are shown on the bombadiar quad on their website.

The following parts are supermoto parts for the honda 400ex:

1. pair rear douglas alloy wheels 10/10.

2. rpm wide rear axle

3. front wheel spacers

4. pair alloy nerf bars.

we have ordered a plus 10 inch swinging arm from the states & are waiting to receive it. they didn't seem interested in sponsorship.

If any one out there wants to sponsor us we'd really love to have the americans on board and will give you all the publicity we can - maybe one of your tv programmes would like to join the british tv in
filming the day! also, as i think i said before, we hope to bring
the challenger to the usa next year for an even faster record run."

Here's the links:

(Text Version)http:// Deafblind UK - Quadbike World Speed Challenge

Deafblind UK - Quadbike World Speed Challenge Team Profiles (Graham Hicks)

Kangaroo Kid - Know the latest news

Royal Association for Deaf people

Here is also a copy of an article from Bike magazine:

"Quadbike record Under Threat"

On 13 May 2002 double world record holder Graham 'G-Force' Hicks will attempt to smash his own quadbike world speed record at Leicestershire's Bruntingthorpe Providing Ground, Last year he set the record at an average of 99.26mph, though reached a top speed of 104mph on one run. This year he's aiming in the region of 150mph. A staggering challenge, but even more remarkable since the invincible 'G-Force' is blind and completely deaf.

To enable Graham to design a bike set to blast its way into the record books, Honda have donated a TRX400EX quad and a 1100cc Super Blackbird 152bhp engine. As well as building part of it himself, Graham has also enlisted the skill of Terry Chard. Being built to Supermoto specs, with a full race exhaust system supplied and fitted by Motad International, Graham's 'G-Force Challenger' will be a bike any ATV racer would want to put through its paces.

Once again, Graham has partnered up with Matt Coulter 'the Kangaroo Kid' for this incredible event. Riding pillion as Graham's navigator, Matt will communicate through the touch-based system they fine-tuned during the first record attempt last year.

Matt comments, "This is going to be such a terrific event. I was scared enough last year when Graham bombed me down the runway at around 100mph! Think I'll wear a parachute this year just in case! Seriously though, graham's a superb racer and I'm in complete awe of the guy. He's deaf, he's blind, but he's out there and giving it his all. He deserves all the support we can give him".

Graham is also pulling out all the stops to make the event a huge fundraising success for Deafblind UK, the charity he works for and which gives their full support to his amazing challenges.

Graham comments, "My target this year is to raise 100,000 for Deafblind UK through my quadbike and jetski world record challenges. And I'm going to do it. There's no point waiting for a cure for deafblindness. You've got to make the most of life while it's there."

I am also working on ideas for helping Graham to ride SOLO. So, if any body out there that has knowledge of radio transeivers and receivers or has any good ideas please drop me a Private Message.

If you would like to e-mail Graham directly to find out how you can help or even to give a word of encouragement his e-mail address is GRAHAM@get-real.demon.co.uk

Thanks for the help it is much appreciated!

Old 03-20-2002, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are the greatest group of people ever assembled on the face of the earth! I can't believe all the help that's been pouring in! You guys are truly heroes, always looking out for people in need.

NOT![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]