Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The new Eagle plow is finally on.... Pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new Eagle plow is finally on.... Pics

Finally got a plow after thinking about it for a couple years.

Its the Eagle Front mount Gen II with 60" country blade.

It seems pretty Heavy duty and looks well built. The blade weighs about 4 times as much as the Glacier that I checked out at the dealership

Waiting to see how it performs and holds up?

I had to take the front brushguard off so that it will lift the blade all the way without hitting the brushguard (already nicked the bumper before taking it off, not realizing it would knock the paint off the bumper that easy) also the winch rope was rubbing on the lower tube.

Attached Thumbnails The new Eagle plow is finally on.... Pics-eagle1-001.jpg   The new Eagle plow is finally on.... Pics-eagle1-002.jpg   The new Eagle plow is finally on.... Pics-eagle1-003.jpg   The new Eagle plow is finally on.... Pics-eagle1-004.jpg   The new Eagle plow is finally on.... Pics-eagle1-005.jpg  

Old 11-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

You can take a piece of PVC pipe the same size as the lower tube and cut a section of it out lengthwise. Spread it and put it over the lower tube with the split to the back and use a bunch of electrical tape along the edges to keep it from spinning. It will keep the synthetic cable from rubbing on the tube. I used black pipe and black electrical tape and just left it on year around. It worked for me.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Range Rover

I thought about doing something like that. But the main issue with this plow is that if I lift it too high the back of the blade hits the brushguard. And does quick damage to the bumper with the power the winch has. Its hard to tell when its going to hit when your sitting on the seat too. It only took about 5 min. to take the 4 bolts off and pull the bumper off. I will put it back on in the spring

The PCC would probally good work with a center mount plow though

Old 11-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice! I went with their 66" v-plow on my RZR and love it. Pushes snow like nobody's business.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Man, that looks sharp. Very nice.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great! How much clearance did you loose on the Sportsman with the front mount?

Old 11-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks like a nice set up and has good clearance by the looks. should take too long to plow that small driveway.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by noooooo
You can take a piece of PVC pipe the same size as the lower tube and cut a section of it out lengthwise. Spread it and put it over the lower tube with the split to the back and use a bunch of electrical tape along the edges to keep it from spinning. It will keep the synthetic cable from rubbing on the tube. I used black pipe and black electrical tape and just left it on year around. It worked for me.
Thanks for this info. It will definitely save my cable. Great share man.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nice looking plow!
You said it's heavier than the Glacier. How does the front end handle that extra weight?
Keep us posted on how it performs this winter.
MT

Old 11-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Range Rover

Ya Its pretty heavy. I dont know the exact weight??

They shipped the mount plate first Fed Ex and it said 10 lbs on the ticket. The blade and front mount push tube came through a different courier and it didnt show the weight.

Im guessing the blade and tubes weigh maybee 120 lbs, just by moving it around by hand?

A place called Peach Tree that has a catalog has free shipping on most everything, they wanted an extra $45 shipping for the eagle 60" country blade or the v blades

What do you think the 60" glacier weighs? I only lifted one of the blades on display that didnt have the push tubes on it.

What would be the issue with the extra weight of the plow? I notice the front of the atv does come up a couple inches when I drop the plow to the ground. But the blade should be on the ground most of the time.

I did think about getting the polaris spring spacers for the front just because I want to pick the front up a bit. Anybody used them, how much work are they to install?

Quick Reply: The new Eagle plow is finally on.... Pics