Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The new Eagle plow is finally on.... Pics

Old 11-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea what the Glacier weighs.
I use one set of rubber spacers upfront. It helps a little to prevent nose dive when I raise my plow. I find more benefit in cornering at speed. It helps a little to prevent body roll in the corners.
My Glacier is heavier because I added the metal side deflectors which helps the snow from rolling off the ends of the blade. Much of my plowing is with the blade straight, not angled and these fins enable me to push large amounts of snow as far as the ATV will allow! Great investment imo.

BTW, the rubber spacers are inexpensive and a cinch to install!

FYI, with the extra weight added to my blade, I find that my winch cable frays and snaps quicker than it used to. A simple fix with a U clamp!

Old 11-19-2011, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtpockets
I have no idea what the Glacier weighs.
FYI, with the extra weight added to my blade, I find that my winch cable frays and snaps quicker than it used to. A simple fix with a U clamp!
I'm still using the wire rope and I always carry a few of the U clamps and a couple of thimbles and keep them with my winching supplies like ****** block, tree straps, shackles etc. Another thing to remember is to get a wrench to fit the nuts on the U clamps and keep it with them. Nothing like breaking the cable in the middle of nowhere and having the clamps but no wrench to tighten them down properly.