Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My New 2011 850 XP EPS

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtpockets
The kids have cute little quads! Thanks for the pics!
My first was the 1970 Honda US90 (ATC 90) in Blue. LOVED that little ATC so much that a few years ago I bought a fully restored one. They looked MUCH bigger back then! LOL!
You are a good dad!
Thanks, I looked for an older name brand one for them but they are hard to come by around here, thought the Gio will be fine for a year or two, then I'll look at investing some money in a better one, I always wanted a little quad when I was a kid, wouldn't have cared what brand it was.

I am looking forward to Christmas so I can see them put some miles on that little blue 110, my daughter fell in love with it when we went looking and after I took that pic of it with her on it I dropped her off at home and went back and got it, have it stored in my buddies garage now and have went over a few times and ran it, seems to run pretty good and doesn't have too hard of time getting up and going even with me on it.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Range Rover

Well, 30 miles on it and already had to replace one of the headlights, and while plowing my 30x30 driveway for the first time on Sat the winch quit, just got back from the dealer with a new one installed, hope this one lasts longer than half my driveway.

I was a little pissed that I just dropped 10k on this thing and had to finish the job with a shovel

Old 11-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What type and lb winch do you have?
Did it stop working altogether or went up, got stuck and wouldn't go down?

Old 11-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Range Rover

It's the Polaris 3500lb with synthetic rope, who actually makes it I'm not sure? I'm sure it probably just has a Polaris sticker on it?

It would go in and out but wouldn't lift the blade, you could help it by lifting the blade by hand but once you let it go it would just drop, I could actually pull the cable out by hand if I pulled hard, kind of made a ratcheting sound, I don't think it was right from the start, the new one sounds different.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Checkmate guy
It's the Polaris 3500lb with synthetic rope, who actually makes it I'm not sure? I'm sure it probably just has a Polaris sticker on it?

It would go in and out but wouldn't lift the blade, you could help it by lifting the blade by hand but once you let it go it would just drop, I could actually pull the cable out by hand if I pulled hard, kind of made a ratcheting sound, I don't think it was right from the start, the new one sounds different.
Back in 2009 when I bought my ATV, i had the "Polaris" 2,500 lb winch installed. Pure JUNK! First one would raise the plow, then wouldn't lower it. Second winch was just as bad. Did some research.......built in CHINA! Thanks CHINA for leaving me high and dry during TWO snowstorms!

I had it replaced with a Warn 3.0 RT and have never been so happy for the last 2years! Thanks Warn for building HIGH QUALITY WINCHES!!!

Old 11-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Range Rover

All my past Honda's had a warn winch and never had any problems with them, I should have given more thought to the winch, I never even asked what brand it would be, just told them to put on a winch and plow and have it down an hour ago so I can take it home

Old 03-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Range Rover

Well, trying to dig out here and winch #2 just bit the dust this morning, I went into the dealer an unhappy man and asked if instead of giving me Polaris winch #3 if I could just get my money back and get a Warn, no problem they said so their taking off the 3500 lb Polaris winch and putting on a 3000 lb Warn only bad part is they don't have the warn in stock so I have to wait for it to come in, think it will be worth the wait, I didn't spend this kinda money so I could finish the job with a shovel every time.

I got the driveway done and was trying to finish the trail to the road outback where the kids ride the 110, I aint shoveling that

Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I think you'll have a better experience with the Warn. Mine has never let me down.