Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My New 2011 850 XP EPS

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 03:05 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New 2011 850 XP EPS

I posted a few pics in the member introductions section of this last weekend but thought I'd put it here in the Polaris section as well.

Haven't had a quad in quite a few years and have been looking at getting back into it, the kids really like my buddies quads so I figured I better get one they also rode on my neighbors Ranger a lot this summer and liked it too, went looking at the snowmobile show last Friday and my dealer had this back in his showroom, I have owned more Polaris snowmobiles than I can count but this is the first Polaris quad.

Had to wait till Sat to go see it at the dealership and take it for a quick spin, it was an instant smilemaker

I went in Monday and cut the deal on it and got some accessory's to get me going, 3500lb winch with synthetic rope, 60" Glacier plow with the quick release, heated hand and thumb warmers, power cord wired in for my helmet visor and a windshield, as money allows I'm looking at adding a bunch of other stuff, rear cargo box with seat and pass foot pegs to start with.

We even got a little snow Sat night so I got to play a little on Monday when I got it home.

I need to get a snow deflector for the top of the blade too, never even realized I needed one till I looked on this site, lol.

Looking to have some good family fun with this unit, can't wait for next summer when it's warmer for the kids to ride for longer, they don't last long now, it's only got 7 miles on it now, looking to change that tomorrow.

I do have one issue, about every 4 or 5 times you hit the out button on the winch nothing happens, some times it will work right away when you try it again and sometimes not, I can usually get in to go out after 20 seconds of playing with it, the in button always works, lose connection maybe

I will probably have many questions for you guy's so thanks in advance, I'm more of a boat guy, my past quads were all for work and the company paid for servicing and it was policy that all work had to be done by a dealer so I never did anything myself.

Here is a pic of my kids on my neighbor at the lake's Ranger that got my kids hooked on the sport, I'm thinking of buying it off him down the road when he is ready to sell it.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:46 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

congrads on your new bike. love the color. i would guess that you have a loose connection on the winch or contactor. but i would check all connections including the 2 wire butt connectors. now alll you got to do is put an avtar pic up on your ID and your good to go.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks sharp. Congratulations.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Talking

Looks great! That paint should be more scratch resistant than traditional plastic trim....and I'm quite sure the kids will put it to the test! LOL!

Old 11-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

Congrat's on a beautiful machine! No snow problem's here, 84 degrees today.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:12 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new toy!

Old 11-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by mtpockets
Looks great! That paint should be more scratch resistant than traditional plastic trim....and I'm quite sure the kids will put it to the test! LOL!
Thanks all for the comments, at 3 and 5 think I have a little while till the kids are driving this one, I got them their own to wreak so they stay away from mine

Bought a cheap 110 Chinese job for them for Christmas this year

And they also have this little 50 that I picked up in the spring for $100

They won't be driving the 850 any time soon, just riding on it.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:47 PM

daddy gets the best, the kids get the junk. nice quad though

Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by sportszillasheex
daddy gets the best, the kids get the junk. nice quad though
Yeah my kids are really hard done by

Old 11-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The kids have cute little quads! Thanks for the pics!
My first was the 1970 Honda US90 (ATC 90) in Blue. LOVED that little ATC so much that a few years ago I bought a fully restored one. They looked MUCH bigger back then! LOL!
You are a good dad!

Quick Reply: My New 2011 850 XP EPS