Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Solved the Polaris Parts Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-1999, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next time i buy a Polaris I think I'm going to buy 2. One for Riding and one for parts. Every time i break something on my quad the dealer has to order the parts and it usually takes a week or two. Are there any companies that sell polaris parts ?

Old 07-19-1999, 06:28 PM
Range Rover

Good luck, Chris.
I've gone thru the same thing. And it was just a wind fairing, but it had to come from a dealer...took about 3-1/2 weeks after they got the order right!
Is it me, or does it seem like there's a gold mine out there for a good (not even great) service center where they don't act like they are doing you a favor instead of just taking your hard-earned money?
Maybe I should have gone to vo-tech school instead of a b'ness degree!
Todd Irvin

Old 07-21-1999, 12:09 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah Todd, I think that's the problem (Not you, I'm slamming the dealers, not you)... Many (not all) of these loser dealerships are operated by people with a business degree but no experience in the real world. I've been in the service business (not ATVs)for twelve years and it really bugs me when I have to deal with an inept, clueless mechanic or counter person. The business I'm in (computer service) suffers from the same ailment. I've seen more clueless people with $40,00+ degrees than I care to count. And the fact that some of these dealerships stay in business for so long just makes it worse, because it's clear that they refuse to learn from their mistakes.

Sigh... I needed to rant. Thanks, I feel better.

Old 07-21-1999, 10:25 PM
Range Rover

Glad you do, donovan...see somethin' good actually came from four-wheeler obsession;-)

Old 07-23-1999, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer

My dealer is great. Every part I order is in within days. He is very helpful, and answers all of my questions about things I do myself. Too bad all dealers are not like this. He is a polaris specialty dealer, so polaris is all he deals. Maybe this is why. You should demand better service, especially if this is the delearship you bought your quad from.

Old 07-23-1999, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

I think dealers are required to stock at least $33,000 of parts inventory, if I remember right. With all the Polaris models that have been intoduced, discontinued, or changed from the past 10 years, it would be impossible to stock parts for all of them.

Then again.... Look at all these models? How many share similar if not exact parts?

I was disapointed when the dealer didn't stock a simple fuel line clamp. This same clamp is used all over the whole machine for all kinds of stuff, and is on every Polaris. I went to 3 dealers and none stocked them. I bought a hose clamp and got home and found the clamp I lost, figures.

Anyway, my point (I have one?), is that most Polaris dealers I have been the same way about parts. They don't have them, they order them, they are back ordered. I think it's more of a higer level problem than the dealer.