Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Got to use the ADC and it works well

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got to use the ADC and it works well

Last weekend I bought a new boat lift and 104ft of dock for the new boat, biggest question was how we were going to get it all down to the beach, we just have a path through the bush with about 30 steps going down, a few cabins down there is a open area but it would be too steep to walk down carrying anything, I came up with the idea to use the quad but everyone though I was crazy, anyway thats what we did and it worked, I never took any pics of coming down the hill, to busy crapping my pants I never even had to use the brakes, even with the trailer behind, it almost felt like I was being lowered by a winch, awesome!

I used the 5X12 trailer that I haul the quad in which is around 1050 lbs and we did 3 trips so there wouldn't be too much weight in it each time.

Sorry for the old pic but this is the set up, 850 XP and a good size trailer

The load, 13 sections of dock with galvinized legs and a 4k capacity lift with 10'X24' canopy, not sure the weight of it all but did in in 3 trips down

we also used it to haul all the sea weed away that you see on the shore here, I'm pissed that I didn't have my Gopro on the weekend to take some vids but after loading up the lift and dock on Friday I forgot it in the garage, anyway I'm very impressed with how well the quad pulled it both up and down the hill and in the sand, and I can be sure that the quad will save me a ton of work at the lake, should have got one out there years ago!

Old 05-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The ADC works great when it works.

The ADC on my 2012 550 works less than 25% od the time. After having my ATV for 2 weeks the dealer called today and said they can't find anything wrong with it - or the 4-wd.

The ADC on the 2012 850 works less than 1/2 the time.

It's getting discouraging.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Range Rover

That sucks, I remember you saying you had problems with it a long time ago, I've never really needed mine, this was the first time I turned it on and it worked, it's all flat out here, well almost

Old 05-30-2012, 06:32 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

ADC on my 09 XP works flawlessly. Really important to change the fluid yearly regardless of use.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Checkmate guy
That sucks, I remember you saying you had problems with it a long time ago, I've never really needed mine, this was the first time I turned it on and it worked, it's all flat out here, well almost

I'm coming out your way - I love the climbing hills

Old 05-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Mongrol
ADC on my 09 XP works flawlessly. Really important to change the fluid yearly regardless of use.
Both of these have had issues with the ADC before they ever had 100 miles on them.

I think I might just pick the 550 up tomorrow and live with it and not bother taking the 850 in.

I'm sure these two are the exception.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had trouble with the ADC on both my '08 and '09 Sportsman 500s. I've got two 550s now and they even growl a little. If you use the new Demand Drive Plus fluid and keep it changed, it seems to help. ADC is something I wish Polaris would have forgotten about. I rarely use it and it seems to cause more trouble than it's worth.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Strange that many of you guy's are having problems with the ADC. My 07 was the first year to have it available and mine still works great with 1700 miles on it. My only bitch was that it was always on if the 4wd was turned on, which became a little annoying at times. I've since installed a toggle to disable it when not needed. Kinda makes you wonder if they cheapened something???

Old 06-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

My 2008 Sportsman touring 800 just turned over 10000kms(6000miles) and the ADC still works flawless. I too had problems with "chatter" but soon figured out that for the ADC to work right the fluid has to be clean. I change out the fluid every 50hrs and haven't had any ADC problems since......

Old 06-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Checkmate Guy,

Is that the tall lock & Ride windshield? I want to get one, but not sure which one would be better. I am 6'0.

Quick Reply: Got to use the ADC and it works well