Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

07 800 Code 51 52

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 07 800 Code 51 52

Has been running fine. Fired her up to mow the grass and was running smooth. Left her run while I hooked up the Swisher, and started to mow. Got about 100 feet and it started to idle rough, and then stalled. I havent been able to get it to start since. Got codes 51, 52 and found that they are:

Code 52 injector 2 : open load
short circuit to ground
short circuit to battery

code 51 injector 1 : open load
short circuit to ground
short circuit to battery

Not sure what this means or where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

I'd start with checking for any bare or soft wires on the T-bap harness on the throttle body. Usually what happened when the idle was erratic,backfiring,etc. Codes don't always reflect exactly where the problem is. The replacement kit from Polaris is #2875542 but I'd get a heavier duty one if this is your problem. Plus check underneath the throttle body on the crank sensor harness for any bare wires that may be touching the motor.Have found bare wires in this area also. OPT

Old 06-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

checked the wires for bare spots, couldnt find any. Reset codes and tried again. got a 41 and 45. didnt feel like any of the wires were broken where I could check but thats pretty tough just by tugging on them a little. there is also a sensor on the TB air intake, what sensor is that?

I used to have the service manual but lost it from a crashed PC so I'm in the dark and not that mechanically inclined to begin with.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Now it's showing codes on the t bap which is probably where the problem is. Tugging on wires doesn't always work,but I have done this before on sputtering ,backfiring atvs while they were running and could tell a change on a couple. I just replaced with a new harness kit. That sensor is the T bap (sorry,was thinking of the 500 efi throttle body where the sensor is on the throttle body) This harness and connector is usually the main culprit. Check with the guy on the "sticky" in the expert section and see if you can get a heavier duty repair kit or you can check on Ebay also. OPT

Old 06-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

thanks OPT! what is the sensor on the right side of the TB? while I was looking at the wiring the outer insulation was cracked a bit. pulled it off to check these wires for cuts and all seemed fine. with the aftermarket kit do you have to splice the wires to the small gauge ones or does it come with plugs on both ends? where does the other end of the harness go to from the TBap sensor, it seems to just disappear into the harness on the left side of frame under the tank.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

That's the TPS sensor and usually didn't have that many problems with the harness or sensors,BUT they make harness repair kits for them too,just in case. The wire harness for the t bap and tps do tie into the main harness and I've even found shorts way up in the harness before. The kits for the T bap and Tps have a new connector and about 6 inches of the same gauge wires,plus have a shrink connector for each wire that you lightly crimp and heat which melts the solder and seals out moisture,BUT I would get a heavier duty aftermarket kit because Polaris replacement kits wont hold up!!! OPT

Old 06-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks again OPT! I just ordered one from the guy selling them on here at OTB. Hopefully this will get me up and running. My lower yard is starting to look like a field, cant wait to get it cut.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Well OPT, I received the TBap plug that was recommended in the TBAP thread and put it in tonight. It's the one from the forum member not OEM. Still no go. It's not throwing any new codes still the 45, and 41. I unhooked the TBAP connector completely and turned the key and it is the only time it ever sounds like it may run. It wont start completely but sort of sounds like it wants to. Then just stalls again. With the sensor hooked up it has no sounds of life at all. I checked the wires really good back to where it goes into the main harness and I cant see or feel anything wrong.

Whats the next step? I'm about to load her on the trailer and haul it to the stealer. Trying to save a buck but not sure if the frustration is worth the saved cash.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

If you disconnect the tbap connector and it tries to crank it still could be a short in the system further up the harness,plus do you hear the fuel pump prime up when you turn the key on? OPT

Old 06-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Fuel pump primes, but does have a bit ??duller?? sound to it. Do you think it may be that, being that the original codes were the 51 and 52. I didnt get the 41 and 45 until after I checked the TBAP plug. I did unhook it from the sensor and checked the wires after making this thread and you saying possibly TBAP. Then I unhooked the battery to reset codes. Thats when I started getting the 41 and 45, and not the 51 52.

I dont have a pressure gauge to check the pressure. I do know its getting fuel cause I pushed the valve on the rail to make sure it wasnt clogged up.

Quick Reply: 07 800 Code 51 52