Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2000 polaris trail boss 325

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 polaris trail boss 325

I recently got a trail boss and when i got it the rod was broke and the piston was warped. Since then i've got a new rod put in and the cylinder bored for a larger piston. All gaskets have been replaced and the carb is clean. Yet when i try to start it it will continue to turn over but never start. Any help on getting thos thing sarted? I got too much money in this to junk it.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Lets start at the top and work our way down first. Do you have spark?, also what is the compression reading? Did you have the crank turned for oversize rod bearings caps or just use std bearing caps and a new rod? You're not giving us a lot of info to start out with. OPT

Old 10-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes it has spark and i dont know about te compression. And what do you mean on the rest

Old 10-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Check the compression! Did you replace the rod or have it done?? Usually when I got a hold a of a bad rod on a 325 or 330 the crank journal was scored too far to turn the journal to accept over size lower rod bearings. Don't know if this is what caused the rod to "snap" unless lower rod bearing slack,piston seizure itself may have caused an engine lock up doing the damage to the rod along with the piston?? The two main thing I'm questioning was the condition of the crank itself since the rod was damaged and if the cylinder was bored correctly. Compression should be at somewhere around 135-140 on a new top end or more. OPT

Old 10-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

I dont honestly know how the rod broke the way it did but it didnt hurt the cylinder or crank. I had the cylinder sent off to a larger atv place so it would be done correctly. After killing my battery yesterday i learned something is not pumping gas.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

If you pull the fuel line at the carb and it's not getting gas it can be a faulty fuel valve,stopped up filter (have had these happen) or the fuel pump itself may need to be rebuilt. Plus make sure you have the fuel lines routed correctly.Look here under "fuel tank" and "fuel pump" on your model. Browse OPT

Old 10-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Okay, well i low on the left side of the carb my fuel line runs in and on the right runs in from the fuel pump. But i have 2 lines running into one on the back of the carb that i need to know what they run into

Old 10-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

You have 3 places on the fuel pump. Bottom(or middle) is marked "P", this is the vacuum line that goes to the right side of the carb inlet. You have 2 lines that feed to the fuel valve left and right (reserve and on) from the fuel tank. The center fuel line on the fuel valve goes to the fuel pump in (will show inlet arrow on pump fitting) the top is the outlet from the pump to the left side of the carb,which is the main fuel line.(will have arrow pointing out on the fuel pump fitting going to carb). If you get confused look here under "engine mounting" on your model. Browse
OPT

Old 10-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok so my question is on the 2000 trail boss does the "fuel line" that runs two into one, thee very first item under engine mounting, does it run into anything or not

Old 10-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

These lines at the TOP of the carb are vent lines only and tees off and the one line runs up under either the tank area or curves and feeds through the tank bracket and into a hole in the top frame tube! Each year model is a little different as to where the vent terminates. OPT

Quick Reply: 2000 polaris trail boss 325