Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris trailblazer please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Polaris trailblazer please help

Hey whom is reading this i have a 2000 trailblazer 250 i am having front brake problems we redid them and now we cant get fluid to flow out how it suppose to and keep trying and try it will flow good if we take the master cylinder of and dump fluid down the line it will flow just as fast as we dump it please help

Old 11-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Welcome! Little more details would help(replaced pads only,caliper seals,etc?),but first off once you take the master cylinder off you get air in the system. Hook the master cylinder back up ,clamp off the line down a little from the master cylinder with vice grips,then pump up the master cylinder with the cap off. This should help bleed and build up the master cylinder. Remove the vice grips,pump the master cylinder up and open the front left bleed screw on the caliper then close it while holding the lever tight. Repeat for the rear,then the right front,adding fluid to the reservoir as needed.If you still can't bleed the air out and have a weak lever you may have to use a break system bleeder.Plus the master cylinder itself may need a new piston and seal kit if it wont build up pressure.
Mityvac BRAKE BLEEDING KIT - JCWhitney Or this tool would help.http://www.poconomotorsports.com/dlr...KE+BLEEDER.htm
OPT

Old 11-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

welocme to the polaris forum. i'm trying to understand why you would have fluid flowing in the firat place? depending on what part you get redid you may have to bleed the brakes but the fluid would only flow when the lever is squeezed. dont squeeze the lever and then release it with the bleeder screw or line loose as you are pulling air into the brake system.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey old Polaris tech this all started a week or two after i got it off a buddy .. And i was ridding it and the front brakes started sticking so i brought it back to the house and left it sit after a while they were fine so i started ridding again they did it again . So my dad and i tore the calibers apart and clean all the lines out cause the brake fluid so we thought that was it but then we could never get fluid to flow threw the lines when everything was pit back so that when we did what i said in the last post .. We just want all brakes to work i got the backs but we want the fronts also the master cylinder has pressure cause you can hear it and we can get bubbles to come out the bleeders but no fluid ... I thank you for taking the time to help me out and if you need more info just let me know