Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Getting new toy ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 06:11 AM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting new toy ?

Toss up between the Polaris 850 xp Browning Edition or the 1000 Outlander Camo ? What you all think? Yall have any idea what my 08 Polaris 800 ho stock cept for the heelclicker is worth? Also gonna sell my 08 800 canam outlander. The outlander is fully snorkled,lift kit,28" at 589 tires,HMF slip on,has new brakes all around,new fuel pump AND sending unit. Have xtra set of stock wheels with almost new 25" Big Horns.Need idea on what they both might bring selling them and maybe trade in? Both are in NICE shape.. Around 280 hours on both and 1500 miles.Thanks for any replies. Perry

Old 12-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe this will help. Even the Canadians picked the Polaris 850 over the Can-Am 1000.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Polaris is a smoother ride in my experience. A little better on the sore back. Can-Ams are faster per cc in general. Great, exciting ride. Haven't been on a 1000 yet. As you know, the 800 has crazy power and the same can be said for the Polaris 850. Polaris seems to come on a little smoother, the Can-Am is more "instantaneous". Both have a lot of top end speed and low down torque. From what you shared you probably know as much or more about them than I do!

Old 12-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Tough decision! The sportsman will definitely be easier on the wallet up front and as stated will probably be the smoother ride. I ridden the 850XP with EPS and loved it, and will probably be my next purchase but a little part of me wouldn't mind trying out a newer can-am as well. Guess you'll have to do some test riding to be for sure. I read in many comparison tests that the XP is on top for creature comforts, ergonomics, and overall ride. But the can-am is getting closer in those categories and really outdoes the XP in the power and responsiveness department. For the money I'd go with the XP.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

UTU already owns both ATVs.

I don't think the charateristics of either ATV has changed that much over the last 5 years. Weight/4X4 design/controls/shape/brakes. Overall, it's the same quad with slight improvements.

I would like UTU to give us his impression of both since he's owned/ridden them both for the last 5 years. I for one would love to own both brands but financially it's impossible. ($10k for the Sp850 and $12+- for the Can Am.)

MT

Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

UTU already owns both ATVs.

I don't think the charateristics of either ATV has changed that much over the last 5 years. Weight/4X4 design/controls/shape/brakes. Overall, it's the same quad with slight improvements.

I would like UTU to give us his impression of both since he's owned/ridden them both for the last 5 years.

I for one would love to own both brands but financially it's impossible. ($10k for the Sp850 and $12+- for the Can Am.)

MT

Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 AM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bit on the CaAm...

Tried trading with Abernathys at Union City,Tn couldnt even get close... Went to Paducah Powersports in Paducah,Ky and was able to trade....Bit the bullet. Paducah Power Sports allowed me $8500.00 trade in on my 4 wheelers. $2900.00 to boot total of $11,400.00 for the CanAm 1000 Outlander XT. (CAMO).. OTD....Im happy........ On comparing the two Ive had 3 polaris sportsman since 2004 and had no major problems with any of them. First was the 700 and then a 800 and lastly 800 HO. Yes Polaris has the best ride and comfort.. Plenty of power. What swayed me most was dealers willingness to work with me. Ive had excellent service in warranty and not. They give me a break on accesories up to 20% off,and a break on parts too. Gotta get the front & rear racks who knows what in the future. Thanks for all the replies.. Perry