Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

need front boot 07 500

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need front boot 07 500

I need to replace the front left wheel side boot on my 07 Sportsman 500. I remember a while back OPT recommended an online site to purchase cheap OEM parts but can't remember the address. Should I stick with OEM or is there a better cheaper one out there. I've torn 4 boots so far between my two sportsmans. I had taken them to the dealer to be replaced but figure I better learn to do them myself if I'm gonna keep tearing them. I looked over the how-to and think I should be able to tackle them. Any tips or tricks I should know about?

I remember reading a couple different part numbers when I looked at the on the site opt recommended. Do you know if they are interchangeable between front, rear, inner and outer. Also are the 500s the same as the 800s? They are both 07 deluxes. Should I get any special tools before I begin?

I also want to change all the fluids but I'll save that for another thread.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rowe
I remember a while back OPT recommended an online site to purchase cheap OEM parts but can't remember the address. Should I stick with OEM or is there a better cheaper one out there.
Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Honda, Arctic Cat & Polaris OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse

and I would stick with OEM Polaris boots.

Originally Posted by Rowe
I looked over the how-to and think I should be able to tackle them. Any tips or tricks I should know about?

I remember reading a couple different part numbers when I looked at the on the site opt recommended. Do you know if they are interchangeable between front, rear, inner and outer. Also are the 500s the same as the 800s? They are both 07 deluxes. Should I get any special tools before I begin?
Lots of patience is needed if you've never done one before. I did my first about 2 weeks ago and it took me the better part of 2 full days. Though I think I could now do one again in half that time easily. Service manual isn't all that helpful, so you lose a lot of time just trying to figure out how things work.

The CPW link will show you the boot parts #s and if all are the same or not. Just look up your quad by year/make/model/etc.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Just the gear side boot part number has changed. I believe it was the same for the rear close to the gear case as the folds in the boots were too close to each other would make a perfect slice all around if any mud got trapped. Plus I think they were a little stiffer. Helps to have the earless band pliers. Still have the original set I bought years ago. Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Honda, Arctic Cat & Polaris OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse
Lisle 30500 CV Boot Clamp Plier : Amazon.com : Automotive Lisle 30500 CV Boot Clamp Plier : Amazon.com : Automotive

Old 05-10-2013, 01:50 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as the part# is 2201630(wheel) or 2202910 (inner) its the OEM. Its $22 not much of a savings from that or aftermarket. http://www.cyclepartswarehouse.com/f...&category=ATVs
Even my local dealer sold them for only $30 so it was not even worth getting online.