Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I need some geasy help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I need some geasy help!

hi, I have a 2013 Polaris xp 850 ho. I am looking for a semi easy way to hit all the grease fittings without taking a good half hour jacking It up and letting it back down to do each front a arms. was thinking about running lines to a grease block, but the lines could be damaged by sticks and such.
I grease my atv after every ride and wash.is this too much? was thinking about replacing some of them with 90/45 degree fittings, has anyone ever done this and did t help? Was it worth the effort? I use a 90 degree adapter on my grease gun, it helps but its still a long and messy ordeal.
Any help here would be great.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

changing oil takes "X" amount of time, air up a tire take "X" amount of time. the "X" amount of time it takes to grease it is worth it. just like it take you "X" amount of time to wash it. if the machine ain't worth the time or expense of greasing it, then shop time for part replacement ought to more than make up that difference. up to you, pay time now or pay a lot of time and money later.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default thanks jester 94

I know its worth it to grease it, I try to work smart instead of hard. what I wanted to know is if I replace the zerk fittings with 90/45 degree fittings does it make it a little easier to grease. I figured as I change out the bushings over time I can change out the fittings as well, just not sure about clearance issues on some of them as the suspension moves.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:11 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Greasing it is a pain in the butt, but you CAN get used to it, I hope. I'm almost there after 4 yrs.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your grease gun doesn't have a hose on it get one. It makes it easier to get to those hard to reach zerks.