Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Wake up Trail Blazer

Old 09-20-1999, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought the wife a 2000 TB, she loves it!
Its fine on the trail, but at the Sand dunes it has alot of trouble, It doesn't have the power to climb anything, it gets stuck all the time!
What can I do to wake it up, without spending alot of money? does it have a rev limiter on it? does the factory jet it to fat?
I didn't buy this quad for speed, Its the wifes quad, It just needs some more power
just amagine how she feels riding in a group of Banshee's at the dunes getting stuck all the time!
I know you can go spend happy, buying a Pipe, cluth kit, K&N, porting, oversized piston, coolhead! whats the cheapest way out?
Thanks

Old 09-21-1999, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

I bought the RCR kit from Ritter Cycle Racing for only $295. It comes with a pipe, silencer, jet, air box mod, & new primary spring. It made a nice difference & was worth the money. One bad thing, it is kinda loud now. My girlfriend and I took it to the dunes in Silver Lake MI. One time I got stuck going up one of the bigger hills. The other times I made it up all the biggest hills. I gave it hell
My gf got stuck a couple of times. She has a bad habit of driving up to the hill slow and then giving it gas on the way up. Like when we ride trails. Well you know what happens! The back end goes right down. The Trailblazer is a fine machine and a great Trail ride. But duning isn't it's best quality. I'm sure the RCR kit helped a lot on my gf's though.
c-ya,

------------------
Andrew Thomas

'99 Scrambler 400 & '99 Trailblazer, both with RCR mods.

Old 09-21-1999, 11:03 AM
Trailblazer

If top speed isn't an issue perhaps a slightly larger rear sprocket. It's cheap and would increase the gear ratio.

Old 09-21-1999, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer

One thing your not mentioning is wheather or not your running paddles. The reason I ask is my wife also has the 2000 TB, and we ride at the dunes every weekend, mind you its not going to keep up with ban..... but hers all we did so far is air box mod by Rick Ritter, and added the paddle tires (not the V paddle go with the straight paddle) and she does a whole lot better. that stock tire is about one of the best digging tires Iv'e seen on a stock bike but it does not work in the dunes.

Old 09-21-1999, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer

No paddles, just the stock tires! I wouldn't try paddles until it got the power to turn them! If you don't have the power to turn paddles, you'll just get even more stuck then without them. It just doesn't seem to rev high enough for sand, I wish I would of got her the Sport now.

------------------
-duneman-

1999 Banshee, 2000 Trailblazer(wife's)

Old 09-27-1999, 12:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 1999 Tb and I put a carb from a 96 Polaris Sport on it now. I also have a pipe and clutch kit. My TB (believe it or I'll race ya!) will run dead even with a 400 express (same motor as the sport)and will top out at 71 mph!! If you need the jet settings e-mail me at Rickylw37@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 09-28-1999).]

Old 09-27-1999, 08:27 PM
Range Rover

Stick,
Call me a non-believer! No way you get 71mph out of a TB with a carb and clutch kit. I don’t care if you put a 42mm carb on it. I could believe that top end speed if you are running larger than stock tires or changed your gearing (larger front and/or smaller rear sprocket). I have an RCR pipe, clutch kit, filter mods, and jetting changes and I’m getting 52-53mph on pavement with my 2000 TB. Some quick math shows your engine would have to turn 8750rpm to reach that speed. It ain’t happening with carb and clutch changes alone.
Scott.

Old 09-28-1999, 02:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sburdman,
Of course I changed the sprocket, but does the top end really matter? How many people run wide open all of the time? What really matters is how quickly you get there...acceleration. You get a stock TB with a changed sprocket and I'll get mine and we'll see who wins in a race. And by the way how do you do your math? You don't know what kind of pipe I have, as well as sprocket, how heavy I am, how much my atv weighs, and most importantly how many rpm's I'm running with the bigger carb. I tested my speed with a radar gun and I know I can do 71mph. If you still think you math rules you can get out your quad and bring it on.

Old 09-28-1999, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No record exists where any two Forum posters ever met physically side-by-side or face-to-face to settle any disagreement over any ATV performance any time anywhere.

If you guys actually meet and clock the alleged 71 MPH Trail Blazer at a given time and place, you will be the first ever settling a Forum dispute on the track/road/trail/mudbog/hill/dragstrip/whatever.

Please post the results!

Tree Farmer

Old 09-28-1999, 03:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tree Farmer
I don't need to meet him to know I'm faster, but I would love to go down in the ATV connection record books for this idea. Thanks for the imput. Stick