Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Help needed with this old plow installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 11:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed with this old plow installation

Hey folks, this plow came with the '03 sportsman 500, when I purchased used years back. No markings I can find, and can't find much online.

I'm trying to figure out how to use the raising mechanism for installation. (not to raise/lower with winch for plowing)

I assume I'm missing something for it, but not sure what it is, to find or make one.

Anyone got any advice?

Old 02-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Range Rover

You can buy a manual lift kit but for the most part, they are manufacturer specific so you'll need to figure out who made your plow system. Do you have the body mount? If you don't have one already, you might just have to bite the bullet and get a winch. It would probably make for a better plowing experience anyways.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:36 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

By the looks of it may be a Polaris Plow ,Your missing the hid mounting plate that goes under the skid plate (C) and your going to need part (2) to raise and lower it.

The pic is small but you kind of get it.

Here a better pic of the Mid mount plate.

Here is a little better pics of the lift arm.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the tips guys i appreciate it.
I guess I wasn't too clear on my problem though. I use my plow with a winch, and have the mounting bracket installed on atv.

It's just I can see this plow has a lifting mechanism while attaching the plow to the quad. It looks like it raises the hooks on the pushbars of the plow, to a proper height to latch on the quad's mounting bracket.

The last pic looks similar, not quite same though. Mine seems to have two levers up front, one to swivel the plow, and other rotates the roller deal in the back.

Also though, the left side in rear does protrude out a little more than the other, and seems to have a couple studs, where a tool would be slid on an rotated. Just not sure how it'd be used with the lever up front which seems to do the same job.

Regardless, moving the lever rotates the back roller, but doesn't change height.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:55 AM
Range Rover

I've never heard of that but doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I use the winch to basically do the same thing. Hook it up and raise the plow until it's just off the ground. This makes lining up the holes where pins slide into the mounting bracket a little easier.