Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Xpress 300 - Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016 | 06:50 PM
|
Pro Rider

Ok, figured I would update. FINALLY have this thing done!

Got the new regulator installed and she's charging good now. Rebuilt the carb with a new needle/seat because it was leaking gas, installed the skid plate, and also replaced the stock headlights with some LED lights since the bulbs were going to cost like $16-18 for the factory lights. The LED cubes i put on it were $22 shipped for both of them and they work great. Greased all the fittings and washed it tonight and it seems to be running/driving good.

The only question I have is that it makes a ticking noise at idle. Once you give it throttle it goes away. Most of them I can find on youtube seem to make this noise. It comes and goes and you can hear it in the video posted below. Does that sound pretty normal OPT? Like I said, seems normal from what I have heard on youtube, i just havent owned one of these so its hard for me to know. Hopefully the new owner can take deliver soon

You can hear the noise come and go towards the beginning of the video

Old 01-15-2016 | 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

im not familiar with the 2smokes and i thought the 300s were but that sounded like a 4stroke after the ticking..if it is a 4, what oil are you useing? may be too thick

Old 01-15-2016 | 07:04 PM
|
Pro Rider

No it's a 2 stroke

Old 01-16-2016 | 03:30 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Been a good fall and early winter project for you. Yes sounds just like the 300 should. Rattles a little bit.. Had a definite piston chatter unlike the quieter 250 engines. Farmers and ranchers loved the 300,but deer hunters shied away from them because they were afraid the noise would run all the game away..

Old 01-16-2016 | 09:07 AM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks for putting my worries to rest on that. It just sounded odd to me but I hear others that sounded the same. It seems to be running excellent. Thanks again for all your help!

Old 01-16-2016 | 09:27 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Already have it sold?

Old 01-16-2016 | 04:12 PM
|
Pro Rider

My sisters boyfriend(and good friend of mine) has said he wanted first shot at it when I sold it from day one. I had anticipated having it fixed sooner but just took longer than I wanted. I talked to him last night and he says he wants it for what I priced it at. I'm not really making anything on it considering the time I've spent but he has helped me with other things so I'm willing to help him out on this. Unfortunately I spent more than I wanted on it but it has a fresh engine, new battery, regulator, starter, headlights, belt, brakes etc... So I told him I wanted him to ride it a little and if he's happy with it, it's his. His dad will be using it to get around on some as well. He has a bad ankle and couldn't use a foot shift so the auto will be great for him and I like the xpress because it has the racks and low range.

It will mainly be used to pull firewood on a little trailer and get him around the farm with the occasional small riding trip most likely. I've spent some more time on it today and it's running excellent. I think it will serve his needs well.

Attached Thumbnails Polaris Xpress 300 - Need some help-image.jpg  
Old 10-20-2016 | 03:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Coolster mountopz 125 atv 3125a

Having same issue with brake light not working tail light and head lights work but no brakes checked all the wiring and ground checked the pressure switch seems to be fine ..

Old 10-20-2016 | 04:00 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Is this a Polaris or Chinese atv?

Old 10-22-2016 | 09:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

It's a Chinese coolster mountopz 125cc 3125a

Quick Reply: Polaris Xpress 300 - Need some help