Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

scrambler stator

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 09:03 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scrambler stator

hey guys i need to know how to test my stator i seem to have missplaced my manual and there is so many connections from the stator going to so many diffrent places any idea how to do so ? i have the the specs i wrote them down awhile ago

pretty much battery isent charging i mabyy have ten starts out of the batttery before it dosent start the quad anymore then has to be recharged my regulator yellow wire was burnt and broken but now fixed and same problem quad has spark so im looking to test the charging part of the stator not the lighting

also i had a HORN acessory connected to the battery i dident put it there but i dissconected it when i found the switch i turned it on while i had voltmeter connected nd it droped the battery to like 11.60

as of right now battery is at 11.73 and it kinda goes up like .1 every hour or so for example by tonight it will probly be 11.75 maby battery is fawked ?

first a blown head gasket now this lol atv is stresssin me out thanks in advance for anyhelp

Old 08-25-2015, 09:19 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

You said in your previous post you ordered a new regulator. Did you install it or just fixed the burnt wire? Rectifier Regulator Fits Polaris ATV Scrambler 500 97 02 New | eBay You can check resistance on the yellow stator wires leading to the regulator. They should show some small resistance reading between each other and no wire should short to ground.This usually indicates the charging coil of the stator should be ok.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:10 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
You said in your previous post you ordered a new regulator. Did you install it or just fixed the burnt wire? Rectifier Regulator Fits Polaris ATV Scrambler 500 97 02 New | eBay You can check resistance on the yellow stator wires leading to the regulator. They should show some small resistance reading between each other and no wire should short to ground.This usually indicates the charging coil of the stator should be ok.

hey OPT yes i did order one but ii got my dad to get me one on his credit card cuz i lost mine and he ordered the wrong regulator so i just threw it in the garbage... anyway ... i fixed the issue i forgot to clamp one of the bullet connecters lol and i clamped it down and now when i start the quad the volt meter shows it shoots right up to 14.8 volts somtimes 15.1 donno if thats bad but it is working now thank god

now on to my head gasket issue i decided im just gonna redo the whole engine (top end) with a bore over piston and so on .. i found a guy who can do it for 300 and i buy parts i found a namura piston gasket set on ebay for 220 and hes also going to reseat my valves if needed anything else you can think of i should get done while hes in there ?

Old 08-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Just make sure he measures the cylinder correctly for the over size piston needed and allows what the manual or piston shows on clearance specs.Stock clearances are tight from the manual,will be the same or close to it on oversize pistons.Also correct torque sequence is critical on the 500 head gasket,so find your manual on this.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:31 PM
Range Rover

Just make sure he measures the cylinder correctly for the over size piston needed and allows what the manual or piston shows on clearance specs.Stock clearances are tight from the manual,will be the same or close to it on oversize pistons.Also correct torque sequence is critical on the 500 head gasket,so find your manual on this.
i would love to be able to do it myself it seems fairly easy but i cant seem to find the courage to do it lol to scared to screw somthing up

and yes found my manual my daughter took it to her room lol... i studied the rebuild part in my manual and read that chapter about 3 -4 times but still dont trust my self ....do you by anychance know how much it would be to get polaris to mesure and bore my cylinder would cost ? they charge 95 and hr here

Old 08-25-2015, 01:39 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Any good local machine shop or online places like this.Cylinder Boring for Motorcycle ATV Snowmobile LaBaron's Power Sports Almont, MI (810) 798-2035 Places vary from 45 to 90 bucks depending on the job. You just have to check around.Don't know if this guy can help on your 4 stroke or not.http://rittercycle.com/polaris.htm

Old 08-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

id get ahold of rick at ritter cycle imo

Old 08-25-2015, 04:24 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by 1ArmBandit
id get ahold of rick at ritter cycle imo
ok will do and thanks for the info OPT .. you 2 have helped me alot with this stuff so i appreciate all the info you guys have givin me this atv is causing me alot of head aches lol worrst part is i bought the thing and havent evan got to drive it yet lol well a real ride anyway and quick question i dont know if this is normal or not but was looking at my atv from the front staring at the rear and i noticed my left back tire sticks out past the fender quit abit while my oother tire is lined up perfect with the foot rest/muddflap i know the scramblers have the suspension that curves just wondering if thats normal lol never noticed it before and nothing is lose just looks weird to me i would post a pic to show what i mean but dont know how

-thanks

Old 08-25-2015, 04:42 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Normal.. You can look at almost all models and the frames are designed to where the front and rear wheels off set . Even more noticeable when you use a straight edge against the back tires against the front tires to set the toe out.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:53 PM
Range Rover

Normal.. You can look at almost all models and the frames are designed to where the front and rear wheels off set . Even more noticeable when you use a straight edge against the back tires against the front tires to set the toe out.

ok thanks lol looked weird to me when i noticed it ... also do you know how i go about getting a new axle for my atv ? i plan on replacing it very soon and i looked every where on the internet and only found 1 scrambler axle on ebay

Quick Reply: scrambler stator