Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

why wont this line up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why wont this line up!

ok im on my second seat now and still cant figure out why my seat has this gap!

Attached Thumbnails why wont this line up!-kimg0089-1-.jpg   why wont this line up!-kimg0088-1-.jpg  
Old 01-20-2016, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It looks like the seat should have a groove that the L shaped piece of metal fits in???

Old 01-20-2016, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
It looks like the seat should have a groove that the L shaped piece of metal fits in???
i dont think so..im wondering if its as simple as the foam peice that goes between the tank and the plastic..the peice that is up front that "latches" is up against the tank..

Old 01-20-2016, 04:48 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Something ain't right as the seat lip locks under the tank area. I've seen them over the years though where the seat base plastic would curl upward making it hard to fit the seat snug and latch it also.Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Polaris, Suzuki & Kawasaki OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Polaris, Suzuki & Kawasaki OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse

Old 01-20-2016, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

yeah im talking about the lip at the front of the seat..seems like there should be like an inch or 2 of space between the actual tank and the front cab/fender/plastics to make up that difference in the picture..i wanna say its because i dont have the foam between the tank and the plastic but it feels tight and not sure idnt make much of a diference, may be wrong..

Old 01-21-2016, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Something ain't right as the seat lip locks under the tank area. I've seen them over the years though where the seat base plastic would curl upward making it hard to fit the seat snug and latch it also.Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Polaris, Suzuki & Kawasaki OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Polaris, Suzuki & Kawasaki OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse
^^^^^^^^This more than likely the issue. Can somewhat be resolved with removing the seat, place in a heated area, upside down, with weight of some sort applied to help "straighten" it out a little. But in time, the excessive bend will return due to the riders weight ( sitting on the ATV )....

Old 01-21-2016, 08:49 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Fasteratv
^^^^^^^^This more than likely the issue. Can somewhat be resolved with removing the seat, place in a heated area, upside down, with weight of some sort applied to help "straighten" it out a little. But in time, the excessive bend will return due to the riders weight ( sitting on the ATV )....
Doesn't work,have had people try that.. As you mentioned riders weight on the middle has a lot to do with the plastic base curling over time. Some have tried to adjust the plastic to try to compensate or fiddle with the seat latch and try to angle forward a tad. Some that were really picky just ordered a new expensive seat assembly. Had similar problems on the early Sportsmans on the front of the plastic seat bases flaring out from pressure and heat where they came against the tank.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

That's what I was saying, ( or I thought I did ) it won't last. LOL

Old 01-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by 1ArmBandit
ok im on my second seat now and still cant figure out why my seat has this gap!
mine is like that to iv tried everything i can think of nothing worked...
also somtimes if i sit on it the wrong way it pops out

Old 01-24-2016, 04:55 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Just don't think the seats were long enough to begin with so they would fit snug against the tanks. Like I mentioned also the early Sportsmans were long enough on their seats,but the front sides of the seats would flair out over time and look gaudy also. Possibly something could be added to the plastic tongues to help keep em in place? Never had anyone try that I'm aware of.