Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ANYONE ELSE DISLIKE THERE TRAILBOSS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bowhunter,
I'd like to do the pipe on the Magnum, but my wife does not want it to be loud since she rides it primarily.
How many disks do you run with the .147 jet? Maybe I can run less and get it quieter. I run 8 in my 500 Scrambler with the FMF pipe and I love it. Same kinda sound do you think?
Do you have any pictures?
Do you remove the snorkle from the airbox and add 2 1.5 inch holes as well?

Thanks

Old 04-15-2002, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer

Barely Legal, Right now I have 12 disks in it you could probably run 8 and it would quiet it down a little. I am running a .150 main jet, and you dont remove the snorkel, the vents go beside the snorkel in the back of the lid 1 on each side. I dont have any pics yet, but I will get some really soon and post them for you.

Work to live, but live to ride!!

Old 04-15-2002, 12:54 PM
Trailblazer

BarelyLegal, I will have pics posted of the airbox and the muffler by tonight.

Old 04-15-2002, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

I will also try to post an Mpeg so you can hear what it sounds like. How do you like the green spring?? That is the same one I put in my Boss..

Old 04-15-2002, 05:58 PM
Range Rover

Here are the pics that you requested of the stage1 kit, there are also a few mpegs there so you can hear what it sounds like. Click on the link below and go to the atv pics folder and you will find them. The mpegs are at the bottom under hidden files.

My Pics

Keep on riding!!

Old 04-15-2002, 09:20 PM
wyd
Range Rover

Did you say you had to cut the White Brothers pipe to make it fit? I imagine you gained quicker acceleration and more lowend torque with this kit. I already have a White Brothers pipe on my Wolverine and really like the pipe.

Did you guys change springs on the clutch at all? The price of the Stage 1 kit is very good that is for sure. Do you guys ride at Tower City at all. I live like 10 minutes from Harrisburg. If you go to Tower City I would love to see your Trail Boss's run with the new setup on it and how much better that it is. I did have a 01 Yellow TrailBoss as my first machine but traded for a Sportsman 400. I now have the Wolverine but have found now after riding for almost a year that I don't need 4wd really at all. I do miss be able to slide the rear around and getting the front wheel up in the air more. My Wolverine can do it but if the new kit improves the TrailBoss that much I might be interested in getting another TrailBoss.

Old 04-15-2002, 10:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

How does the trail boss do in sand?

Old 04-15-2002, 10:06 PM
Range Rover

wyd, No,I did not have to cut the muffler. I had to cut the stock head pipe to accomadate a new extension pipe to bring the pipe i.d. up to the i.d. of the new muffler. Yes I changed the primary spring to a green one(very easy to do). It gives you instant throttle respone, and yes I can get the front tires off the ground. As far as tower city, that is a little far for me to go riding, but if you are ever in the Pittsburgh area stop by, and I'll let you take her for a spin.

Keep on riding!!

Old 04-15-2002, 10:18 PM
Range Rover

Sorry dude not much sand in the Pittsburgh area, But it sure does go through the mud nice!!

keep on riding!!

Old 04-15-2002, 11:25 PM
wyd
Range Rover

Thanks for the info. I might be riding in Altoona sometime this year. WIldHorse500 invites people to come and ride their all the time. Thanks for the offer to take a spin. I might just have to look at buying another new TrailBoss. I do like not having to shift. My Wolverine is great but a trailboss done with the kit like you have could be a very fun machine to ride and a very easy machine to maintain.

Quick Reply: ANYONE ELSE DISLIKE THERE TRAILBOSS?