Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ANYONE ELSE DISLIKE THERE TRAILBOSS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2001, 03:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I HAVE A FREIND THAT BOUGHT A 2000 TRAILBOSS AND SO FAR HE HAS HAD A NEW MOTOR INSTALLED ON IT BECAUSE THE OTHER ONE STARTED TO KNOCK AND IF FINALLY DIED. POLARIS DISCOVED WHEN THEY GAVE HIM A NEW 2001 MOTOR NOTHING MATCHED UP. THE BIKE WA SIN THE SHOP FOR 3 MONTHS AND HE JUST GOT IT BACK 2 WEEKS AGO AND NOW THE TRANSMISSION SOUNDS LIKE IT IS GOING TO DIE SOON. ? MAYBE HE GOT A BAD APPLE IN THE BUNCH. ALSO HE REALLY DRIVES THE H*LL OUT OF IT TOO. GOOD THING HE BOUGH THE 5 YEAR WARRENTY WITH IT:-).

Old 04-14-2001, 10:35 PM
wyd
Range Rover

I have a new 2001 TrailBoss and it runs great. I really like how smooth the power is and how it handles in tight trails. I climbs pretty well for its size. Went up so steep stuff with this thing.

He might have got a bad one. It happens to the best of any company. If you check all the other threads for the other brands you will see it happens to all brands. Their is always someone bashing another brand. That will never change.

Old 04-17-2001, 05:54 PM
Range Rover

I have had my 2000 Trailboss for about a year now. I have not experienced any problems with it. I have had to replace the handle bars and an cracked a-arm bushing.(I went tree climbing on it) Oneal Handle bars cost me $22 and the bushing was fixed by dealership free of charge. And to answer your question yes I like it, but I wish it was a little faster, but I'm looking into that.

2000 Polaris Trailboss
DG alloy bumper(for a 400 scrambler)
K&N jet kit with filter.
RCR air box modification
RCR green spring
Oneal handle bars with scott grips
removed the rack
removed rear mud flaps
and trimmed the front mud flaps

Any one found an exhaust for one of these yet?
Let me know

Old 04-14-2002, 01:07 PM
Range Rover

a polaris will have a long life if it is maintianed properly!!

everyone who mocks polaris probably don't take care of their machines or have never even read the owners manual.

Old 04-14-2002, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer

to be honest, i haven't talked to a single person from around there that was actually happy with their trailboss, everyone that had one got rid of it within 3 months,, but i personally dont know much about them, aside from the fact that my freind's tore up a whole lot.

Old 04-14-2002, 09:54 PM
Trailblazer

I just put a RCR stage 1 kit on my 01' Trail Boss and man does this kit make it rip! It came with a White Bros. E-series muffler, jets, new primary clutch spring, and air box mods. The machine now sounds like it has some authority and the power has increased throughout the entire band not to mention instant throttle response! I think it was money well spent and it really brought a lame dog to life. I have had my Boss for a year now and have had no problems with it.

Work to live, but live to ride!

Old 04-14-2002, 10:41 PM
wyd
Range Rover

Archerr2002 how much was the RCR stage one 1? Does it let you pull the front wheeels off the ground at all. I had a 01 TrailBoss and it was a nice machine but at the time I had it I wanted 4wd. I think in the long run I should have just kept the TrailBoss as I just trail ride. I do like the new 02 models.

Old 04-14-2002, 10:59 PM
Trailblazer

The kit cost $290 and it was worth it! Yes you can get the front end up with the right clutch spring. Give Rick a call at 1-618-644-3211.

Work to live, but live to ride!!

Old 04-15-2002, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

I am very interested in that pipe. This is not the super loud one that you have to cut 13" off the stock head pipe is it? If not, I'm getting it. Does he sell an entirely new lid, or do you just cut the stocker?

Old 04-15-2002, 09:03 AM
Range Rover

Barely Legal, You still have to cut 13&3/8" off of the head pipe and yes it is loud. But it is a sweet sounding loud like a racing 4-stroke. It has the tuneable disc muffler with a spark arrestor installed on it. The kit was cost $290 without the air filter (i already had a k&n) with the air filter is $325. The air box mod is simple and straight forward, all you do is drill 2 1 and 1/2" holes in your factory airbox lid and pop in the supplied vents. archerr2002 and I had the kits installed at about 2 hours per machine. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to anwser them for you.

Keep on riding!!

Quick Reply: ANYONE ELSE DISLIKE THERE TRAILBOSS?