Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Statr light flashing and wrench flashing 2003 600twin

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Statr light flashing and wrench flashing 2003 600twin

Previously posted that machine was almost inverted 3 days ago.May or may not be contributing. Upgraded ignition a few years ago. Now machine starts and runs at low speed ok but with full throttle, machine bogs down, spits and sputters, statr and wrench light flashes. When in dianogstic mode it doesn't appear to be charging when increasing throttle. Smells like gas when running. Battery light NOT flashing. Speedo needle NOT blinking . Help OPT...More than 1 issue?? Carb model so not sure how low voltage would effect running issue...

Old 11-01-2016, 09:05 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

First thing check the oil for any gas contamination.Even the carb float arm can be sticking or you got some trash under the needle when she flipped over on its side. Plus what's the charging rate at the battery at an idle? Also check the connections on the battery and also the regulator. Even though it didn't flip over completely all it takes is one regulator wire to come unplugged to cause this or a battery cable to loosen. If it was running fine before the incident,gotta be something you can trace down. Yes low voltage can affect running on the dci upgrade ignition system as a constant 12 volts is needed to the cdi unlike the old magneto triggered ignition.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

Took front rack and hood off and low and behold all 3 wires to regulator were disconnected. There was one all yellow wire and 2 wires that are yellow with red dashes. The all yellow wire was easy to connect to other all yellow wire but for the other 2 they both looked the same? Machine now shows that it is charging. Previously showed 12 amps. As for sputtering can't check until tomorrow when I can take it for a drive. Keeping my fingers crossed and again OPT, you are my atv saviour. Oil seems to be ok...

Old 11-02-2016, 08:52 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Doesn't take much of a jolt for some of these wires to come unplugged. Hope that's all there is to it and it runs ok.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

I'm going to change the oil and filter tonight just be safe. Oil looks a little too clean and thin...