Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring 2up (purchased yesterday)

Old 02-21-2017, 10:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring 2up (purchased yesterday)

Hello Forum,
I am new to the ATV world. Only ridden a handful of times over the past year or two. My wife and I bought a 2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring 2Up. We never mud bogged, just like hitting trails and dirt roads with light mud or dirt sometimes.

We tried the 1up & the 2up versions of the 570 and FOR US the 2up won hands down.

I plan to do the diffs/transfer case mods where you extend the breather hoses to the top of the ATV just as soon as I can find how high they are now.

I will "eventually" add snorkels JUST IN CASE we go through some deep water crossings.

I would like to know if there is a mod to run all 3 lights at the same time. For example, Tacomas don't run the fog lights without the low beams being on. I did a mod that I found in Tacoma World and now I can turn on my fogs without turning on the headlights. Very convenient since my truck is lifted and my fogs are almost at the height that my headlights sat before the lift. In the city that's how I drive so I don't blind on-coming traffic.

Also, I ordered a 1.25" to 2" hitch adapter in case I decide to hook up a basket to hold my cooler and a gas tank.

Could you guys let me know what my storage options are on this particular model ATV?

Can I strap down a cooler and a gas tank to my existing rear rack? It seens that there isn't enough space for that. Probably a trade off for the extra seat.

Also, what are you folks storing in the front compartment? I see that it has a rubber gasket and drain plugs. Ice and sodas/water?

I keep my ATV in a nearby storage unit and I plan to start it once a week. I also ordered a battert tender. This storage unit has power amd from what I've read the battery tenders don't use enough juice to make an impact on the light bill.

Any info on extra storage compartments or the hitch installed basket will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Old 02-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't answer all your questions but as far as the front storage goes I sometimes put a jacket in there but it doesn't leave room for too much more. Sometimes I put a spare pair of gloves in too and I nearly always take a baseball cap so I can keep the sun off my face when I take a break.

I put my car and house keys in there and my wallet too. One time when I was riding my wallet fell out of my back pocket and I didn't even know it. Good luck was with me that day and it landed on the floor board where I finally saw it when I took a break. I usually have a machete in there too in case I have to trim some branches. If I need to cut anything bigger I have a pocket chainsaw in the rear compartment along with a tire plug kit and first aid kit.
Amazon Amazon

Old 02-23-2017, 10:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I can't answer all your questions but as far as the front storage goes I sometimes put a jacket in there but it doesn't leave room for too much more. Sometimes I put a spare pair of gloves in too and I nearly always take a baseball cap so I can keep the sun off my face when I take a break.

I put my car and house keys in there and my wallet too. One time when I was riding my wallet fell out of my back pocket and I didn't even know it. Good luck was with me that day and it landed on the floor board where I finally saw it when I took a break. I usually have a machete in there too in case I have to trim some branches. If I need to cut anything bigger I have a pocket chainsaw in the rear compartment along with a tire plug kit and first aid kit. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...cket+Chainsaw+
Awesome info!

BTW, I am embarased to say that I forgot that it has a rear compartment under the seat. HAHAHA

Old 02-23-2017, 10:20 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wasn't sure the 570 had a rear compartment like my 500 but I figured the touring model must have one. JSYK if you add snorkels you void any warranty you have.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I wasn't sure the 570 had a rear compartment like my 500 but I figured the touring model must have one. JSYK if you add snorkels you void any warranty you have.
Good point. I didn't even think about it.
I purchased the extended warranty for this.
Thank you VERY much for that info.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd keep the machine as stock as possible. Warranties are easily voided with any modifiications. Perhaps add a winch if you plan on seeing any mud. As far as additional storage, there should be plenty of lock and ride boxes you could add to the rear rack. Congrats on the new machine.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was looking at a Polaris 2 up yesterday myself I just can decide what I want to do I have also been looking at a can am 850 and 1000 2 up hard decision between horsepower or AWD