Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

thinking about buying a scrambler 400

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-1999, 10:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what you described your making the right decision. Youll love the scrambler 400. I had a 98 Sport 400 which is the same bike less the 4x4. I loved it. I know have a Scrambler 500 and love that too. The Scramlber 400 will ride even better than the TB you made reference to. You dont need any more reinforcement- go get your Scrambler. Good luck

Old 10-18-1999, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

For what you described your making the right decision. Youll love the scrambler 400. I had a 98 Sport 400 which is the same bike less the 4x4. I loved it. I know have a Scrambler 500 and love that too. The Scramlber 400 will ride even better than the TB you made reference to. You dont need any more reinforcement- go get your Scrambler. Good luck

Old 10-18-1999, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer

The Scrambler 400 is a great quad. I have my 99 since May and the only problems I have had were my own fault. It is a very quick, nice handling, great riding, comfortable bike. I have plenty of friends who have banshees, 250r's, lt250's, warriors, and they all have ridden my scrambler and love it. For the terrain we ride, mountain trails with hill climbs, mud holes, farm fields, it is an excellent choice. Yeah, I lose the races in the open, but when we get on the hills, or in the creek beds, or in some mud, they stop and watch and wait to see if I'll offer any of them a ride.

------------------
Mike...99 Scrambler 400, 94 Kawasaki Bayou 400(newly rebuilt), 99 Impuls 50(Matt's)

Old 10-19-1999, 08:33 PM
Range Rover

well, thanks everyone, you have all been very helpful. guess what... the LT was sold yesterday. in a way i am sad to see it go, it was a fun quad, but on the other hand it was reaching old age, and i was worried that something was going to break on it. if it was in mint condition, i don't think i could have parted with it. but the frame was welded in several spots when i got it. it was the most pi$$ poor weld job i have ever seen. luckily welding was my specialty at the time. i stiped it down completley and grinded all the welds down and mig welded everything over. actually came out nicer then some of the factory welds. never had a problem. then a few months back i was climing a coal mountain and got throw off the side of it when i tried to go around some rocks that were blocking the path. went off like a 50ft cliff. sucked!! i remember how bad wrecking hurt. bent the a-arm, snapped the tierod, the light cage looked like a pretzel. but once again having the welding expirience i did, i got everything back into shape the very next day and it costs me nothing, thank god! anyway, i can go on an on, i'm bored so.... but bottom line is that i had my fun with it. i think i will be very pleased with the scrambler. if all i was planning on doing was racing around with the pile of banshees that ride around here then maybe i'd buy one. but the scrambler seems like the best all around atv you can get. so, now its just a matter of getting a few more bucks together and going to the bank and begging for the rest i'll let you guys know when i get my new toy