Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Just got back a few minutes ago from Wayne National Forest, Real muddy mess and Williams camp was like a toxic wast dump...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2001, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried a new loop at wayne national forest it is the newest set of trails just south east of logan.. It was wild all very difficalt and fun. But we stayed at williams camp and I can't say enough bad about the shower and toilet facil's. My kids sayed a toxic wast dump was cleaner ....
I suggest the state park about 7 or 8 miles away.
The riding is great in the Monday trail area. It is well worth the 4 hour drive. Took my brother and my 3 kids and no acidents but one roll over even though we hit the worst it had to offer.

realoldguy

2001 Scrambler 400
2001 Trailblazer
2001 Honda 250EX
2001 Explore 250 4x4

Old 04-23-2001, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

sm

Where was this new trail at? I did not know that they had added any new trails outside of the Monday Creek area. Any information would be appreciated. Sorry to hear that Williams is still a dump. I think I will be staying at CampOhio from now on. I don't need a four star hotel to be happy, but that place can be just disgusting at times

Old 04-23-2001, 11:41 AM
BK
Pro Rider

It wasn't a new loop so much as new to us. It was Long Ridge (and it was north of Buchtel not se of Logan). The trails were much narrower and seemed less well taken care of. In general they seemed more difficult than the other areas. The good thing was they were also a lot less muddy than the ones we rode Saturday. BK

Old 04-23-2001, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

BK

Thanks for sharing that. We have never rode the Long Ridge trail as it was not connected to the other trails. I know what you mean about that place getting muddy. Last August when we were there it was a muddy mess. Hope you had fun.

Old 04-23-2001, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

I always stay at Camp Ohio when I go down there. It has flat camping ground, with plenty of shade trees. The owner, Scott Williams, (no relation to Williams campground) will even deliver nice firewood to your site while you're out riding, for a nominal fee, of course. I visited som other riders at Williams while I was down there once, I went to use the bathroom, and it was disgusting. Easily the nastiest place I've ever taken a dump. It is only a short rode ride to the trails, and the local officers where told by the local judge to leave the road riders alone, as long as they are maintaning a safe speed.

Old 04-23-2001, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

We are heading there in a couple weeks. Should we reserve a spot ahead of time or just show up. It should be during the week.

Thanks!

Old 04-23-2001, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

You will be fine just showing up. Scott, the owner, is a real cool dude. He'll cruise around camp sometime during the day in a white Toyota 4-Runner, and collect the $7 a nite fee from each guy. Let me know when you're going down there, I will probably meet you there. You won't regret going there, it's a great time.