Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2007 Sportsman Idle-Run Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Sportsman Idle-Run Issue

When the machine is cold it runs perfect. Shortly after the radiator fan blows and shuts off it starts to idle fast and won't tack above 4000 or so. If I shut it off and restart the idle falls to normal about 1150 then in a few minutes of riding it begins to idle fast again and bogs really bad if you jump on it.

Let it sit for an hour and its perfect again. Gonna replace the heat shields on the bottom of the fuel tank because the warmer it is the worse the problem. If it was vapor locking it would not run so am thinking there is a sensor problem and bad info is getting to the ECM I believe its called.

One more thing have any of you ever attempted to repair the plastic seat shell. This one is all broke and I'm not going to lay out the big bucks for a seat that was poorly engineered to began with and probably still is.

Any suggestions are appreciated and thanks in advance.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:56 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My seat cover got cracked and torn up really bad from sitting in the sun for several years. I kept putting RTV sealant on the cracks until I ran out. It didn't work anyway. I could have paid an upholsterer to fix it right, or tried to put a new cover on it myself, but I just covered it with duct tape instead. I wrapped it around to the bottom on each side, overlapped each piece by half the width of the tape, and all the seams are facing downwind. It's getting more wrinkled after riding it, but the tape is still sticking so far. If I do it again I'll buy some Gorilla tape instead of using more dollar store junk like the roll I was given. That's all I know about fixing seats.