Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HPD EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-1999 | 01:11 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Has anyone tried a hpd exhaust system on a trail blazer? They claim a 8 to 9 hp increase over stock!!! Also what is the maximum rpm's, around 6000?

Old 10-24-1999 | 06:09 AM
Range Rover

Xpoltech,
This isn't the first time I've heard you talking HPD up. Nothing against that, I haven't been overly thrilled with them. From my conversations on the phone when I discussed overboring the TB he wasn't interested. He was interested in selling me the parts he had.

I've seen his pipe for the TB. The pipe itself looks great. The silencer looks like it was cobbled together in somebodies garage. It is designed with mounts that look like they might match up to the 400's muffler brackets. At best only one of these could be used with the 250 and the other one would be hanging out there looking stupid. My dealer and I checked and this is the silencer he sells with the his TB pipe.

Have you had any experience with using his products or are you just looking at his catalog?

USA-ATV,
The max rpm is around 6500. Most aftermarket pipes are designed to peak at 6000rpm.

I'm not saying the HPD pipe would be a bad choice, I've held one in my hands but never had one installed on a machine to ride. It would not be my first choice just because of the silencer as I mentioned above.

I have compared the RCR and Hot Seat pipe side by side. The RCR pulls harder on the bottom and longer on the top. The Hot Seat hits hard and then signs off. The Hot Seat is louder. The Hot Seat is easier to mount but rests against your pull start and the black plastic heat shield. It melts the plastic and seems to have slightly melted the pull start handle.

My choice would be the RCR pipe. For $330 Rick Ritter (Owns RCR - Ritter Cycle Racing) will send you the pipe, jet (you will need to change your mainjet for any of these pipes), UNI filter, primary and secondary spring. I would go with a orange Polaris primary and the violet HPD secondary. Rick can supply both of these items and ships it to your door free (No shipping charge).
Scott.

Old 10-24-1999 | 06:13 AM
Range Rover

I forgot to include his web address.

www.rittercycle.com

Scott.

Old 10-24-1999 | 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with Sburdman, while Darrell does have more goodies to offer than say, RCR, that doesn't necessarily make them a better company.

I have quite a few HPD products on my Sport, and for the most part they work well. There is more to being a great company than just having a bunch of cool parts, like customer service, and having those parts in stock! Have you ever tried to get ahold of Darrell to ask him a tech question? Try it sometime. Then call Ritter. I've called as late as 10pm before and gotten him (I also know for a fact the he's sometimes there as late as 1am).

And like Sburdman, I'm not implying that HPD is a bad company, or does'nt know what they're doing. But, I am still trying to dial in my HPD billet head on my Sport. I've got the 15:1 and 14:1 domes, and neither seem to run as well as my stock head that was re-worked by RCR.

------------------
Jerry Goodman '99 400L, '98 TBlazer

[This message has been edited by A400L (edited 10-24-1999).]

Old 10-24-1999 | 02:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hpd is the best after market performance co. out there the numbers they claim are for real!!!!(the owner stakes his rep. on it!!)

Steve - xpoltech

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 10-25-1999).]

Old 10-24-1999 | 08:09 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

So nobody has installed a hpd pipe on a trail blazer, seems odd because they advertise more power than any one else.. I've had my tb for three weeks and have no other modifications planned except for a pipe and required jet and clutch spring changes. Dynoport advertises 4 hp increase, rcr says nothing but "BRINGS IT TO LIFE" give me some dyno charts please and thank you. Just don't want to the wrong pipe....

Old 10-24-1999 | 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

I've got one ordered and should have it this week. I have a 99 TB with other mods on it, so we can compare notes.

Old 10-24-1999 | 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

Dear USA atv trust these guys on RCR read my post entitled TB low end kit. Ritter told me no B.S. in any way over the phone on the performance with his products installed on my bike, I have read some posts complaining of the fit of his pipes but experienced nothing of the sort please call Rick for yourself you wont be disappointed with his honesty and willingness to help!

Old 10-25-1999 | 01:07 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

talonhawk, keep us informed on your hpd pipe, I'm trying to decide between hpd & rcr.

Thanks, Phillip

Old 10-25-1999 | 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

usa-atv, I will keep you posted. I have kept records of all my modifications from stock. I run a before and after on a 100 yard straightaway. LETS ME KNOW WHAT IS WORKING!!! I'll post my results after I get my HPD pipe on. JIM !!

Quick Reply: HPD EXHAUST