Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Having trouble deciding on a new purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, they just changed it this year in Wisconsin. Used to be able to do it on the trails, but no roads. Now it's a no go, unless like you say, you have the touring model built for it.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I visited both the local Polaris and Can-am dealers eariler yesterday. I attempted to visit honda but they have a smaller location and as such, were only allowing visitors via appointment.

The sportsman is an amazing looking bike, Its comfortable to sit on (i'm a bigger guy in both height and width lol). I did make sure that the model I was looking at was a 2up and had the proper seats/hand grips/footrests. Even with a few extras, its very reasonable priced.
The can-am is like sitting on your couch. very comfortable. But the price is like 3 to 4k more then the polaris for the equilivant model.

Given that, I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Polaris Sportsman 570

Old 06-29-2020, 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

A little bit of an update.

I went to the local polaris dealer to purchase and the 2up 570s are all out of stock. They have a few regulars but no 2up models. And given the situation with covid19, they arn't sure when they will be getting more. In fact, every polaris dealer within a 4 hours drive of me is out of stock.

Given that, I went back to Can-am and after much discussion with the dealer and the finance department (The wife lol), I settled on the Can-AM Outlander 650Max XT. She a 2up model with a nice passenger seat/backrest included, front and rear bumbers, winch, and upgraderd tires and rims. Very nice bike, very happy with my purchase.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Need pictures!! Didnt really happen without pics...lol...

Old 06-29-2020, 08:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Hah thats coming brother. Unfortunately, it takes their service department a bit to prepare a new bike. Plus Wednesday is a holiday so its likely I wan't see the bike until Thursday.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats. Hope you enjoy it!
So back to the two up law. What really makes the touring model any safer than the regular model? I see they are a bit longer, and have footrests and a seat back. Same thing is easily accomplished with a halfway decent bag or lock and ride seat.
Just wondering, I guess.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Powerranger262
Congrats. Hope you enjoy it!
So back to the two up law. What really makes the touring model any safer than the regular model? I see they are a bit longer, and have footrests and a seat back. Same thing is easily accomplished with a halfway decent bag or lock and ride seat.
Just wondering, I guess.
Comparing the sportsman 570 and 570 touring, the touring is about 5.5 inches wider from front to back wheels and 3 inches longer overall. I guess this gives it enough stability to meet safgety regulations. The seat itself has less to do with it, but I do agree a lock and ride seat wwould give you the same effect.

Old 06-30-2020, 01:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations Doc. You should enjoy that new ATV.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DocShady
Comparing the sportsman 570 and 570 touring, the touring is about 5.5 inches wider from front to back wheels and 3 inches longer overall. I guess this gives it enough stability to meet safgety regulations. The seat itself has less to do with it, but I do agree a lock and ride seat wwould give you the same effect.
No the balance is way off when riding 2 on a one up machine, if you would try both you would see it is much more than seat placement. Anyone that has ridden both will attest to the difference. Besides, the fine and danger to your passenger just isn't worth it !

Old 07-02-2020, 05:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i

as promised. Just got her today. Awesome machine

Quick Reply: Having trouble deciding on a new purchase