Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I recently acquired a '97 Polaris trailboss 250 2stroke, the bike runs and drives, but the electric start doesnt turn it over at all, just hear a clicking noise when pressed, and my bigger problem is that the only way I can start is with pull cord, and it takes alot of time to actually get it going, I pull on it about 30-70 times before it actually starts lol, and I also have to hold throttle down a little for it to start when pulling, also it will not idle without hitting throttle every few seconds, I know nothing about these and am in no way mechanically inclined, if someone could help me out amd let me know what the problem is it would be greatly appreciated

Old 06-25-2020, 07:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds like some part of the starting system is broken or a bad battery.
What is your battery voltage after sitting overnight? Are all connections good both Power and Ground?. Are you getting full voltage to the starter when you push the start button? Guessing a bad starter but check all the cheap easy to replace stuff first.
Hard starting could be a low/bad battery but im again guessing your carb needs a good cleaning and readjusting of the carb and cables and check the air filter.

The following users liked this post:
Dylan Stairs (06-25-2020)