Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2002 Polaris Trailboss 325 flickering lights engine shutoff when stopping

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 09:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Polaris Trailboss 325 flickering lights engine shutoff when stopping

I recently bought a 2002 Polaris trailboss 325 4stroke from a guy that fixed numerous things on it including adding new lights and a new battery.

Yesterday I was riding it and the lights would start flickering before shutting off and coming back on. They wouldn’t seem to come back in until I pressed the gas and they would not flicker when coming on they would just come straight on.

Also when stopping, sometimes the idle just wouldn’t work and the atv would turn off. Then happened a couple of times through the night and when finally parking it, it cut off but this time there was no power to anything for about 10 seconds.

I checked the battery connection and it was tight so I’m not sure what to do here. I have another Atv a Polaris sportsman’s 450 that has a bad ecm that causes no power to anything.

I’m not very familiar with this model atv as I didn’t receive a manual and this particular model is hard to find any info online for. I’m not sure if this model even has a ecm like my Polaris express 300

I’d really love to get this figured out!

Old 08-10-2020, 10:40 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Along with checking the battery, did you check the ground too? Maybe one of the wires he used doing the lights is grounding out?

Here's a link for the service manual.

Old 08-10-2020, 01:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by scootergptx
Welcome to the forums.

Along with checking the battery, did you check the ground too? Maybe one of the wires he used doing the lights is grounding out?

Here's a link for the service manual.
I didn’t check the ground but I am about to go over it and see if it is grounding out.

Old 08-10-2020, 01:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Went to crank it without checking anything so I could move it first and there is only a tick like it wanted to start and now there’s no power. I didn’t shake it or anything so I know a wire wasn’t just moving when trying to crank, no actual crank just a one tick sound.

there is no power as of now to the atv