Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I LOVE MY JOB !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2001, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you that don't know, I am a commercial diver and a USCG licensed vessel captain. This last week we were doing some work for the US Army Corps. of Engineers off of Pascagoula, Mississippi. We had installed in Feb. 2001 some in-water instrument packages to monitor sea conditions, current meters, etc. We go out and lift the instruments to the surface to replace the batteries and download the data collected. This last time out, we ran a cable from the unit in the Gulf of Mexico to Petit Bois Island for data and power. We supplied an ex-navy landing craft to transport the personnel and equipment to the island. We also brought my 300 4x4 Honda out to the island to move stuff from the beach head to the site where the data / power units were placed ( in a navigational aid tower ). I moved about 800 lbs. of equipment and tools back and forth.
Not only did I get to ride on virgin sand ( the island is controled by the National Park Service and is a bird sactuary. We had to get special permission to use the quad ) but I got paid my hourly wage AND daily useage rate for the quad !!! The only downside to all of this is I didn't get to take the Scrambler !!

Old 04-30-2001, 08:44 AM
wyd
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The handle says it all. I bet that was fun to get paid to use you 4 wheeler. I know I would like that as long I was the one that got to do the riding. Bad thing is it automatic and everyone could ride it very easy (hehehe) if they had to shift some would not know how to ride it and that means more riding for me.