Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Is EBS an option on the Scrambler 500???

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-1999, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ooops, I meant talk to the hop-up hops about getting more braking without getting EBS.

Chris, I think I understand what you are saying. Sounds cool, but I don't know how it wouls work. How could make the resistance not resist when you have the throttle on, and how could it vary with RPM? Sounds like it needs a computer!

I need a chain tensioner, even with concentric drive. My cheap chain I bought won't stay tight. Errr...

Old 11-23-1999, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

I guess you could say I don't wear underwear anymore . . . since I hate EBS and took the entire setup off my '99 SP500 and replaced with a standard Polaris clutch along with Aaen's roler secondary.

Unless you are going down really steep mountains every day, EBS is really not necessary. Polaris made a mistake here and should have come up with dual brakes and a roller clutch which would have been a lot better setup, even on the SP500. With a roller clutch you still have lots of engine braking if it is set up properly, the only time you don't is under 5 mph. I will never, ever buy another atv with EBS on it, ever. It really sucks! I don't use my brakes hardly at all on the Sportsman 500 since there is so much engine braking with the roller. The brakes should last forever, but then I don't use the brakes hardly at all on any of our machines. The 400SS is a little different story and I use the rear brake a lot sliding thru corners, but it "still" has the "stock" brake pads, so I guess I don't use 'em much compared to the rest of you.

<A HREF="http://www.godigital-design.com/96Polaris.html">Schultz Motorsports</A>

Old 11-24-1999, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

I prefer not to have EBS, but I see it's place for the average rider. I don't like it because I am usually on the throttle, or on the brakes, not coasting to a stop. On the big hills, even when I ride the Sportsman, I have to brakes to control my speed. These aren't steep declining roads, they are twisty hills without trails, but most of the time the EBS comes in handy on the Sportsman.

Jack, I agree they should come with rollers from the factory. Besides performance gains, reliability of buttons. And BTW, the Magnum 500 doesn't have EBS anymore.

[This message has been edited by quad_man (edited 11-24-1999).]