Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What I saw/heard yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 02:40 PM
ray
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stoped in at the local dealer yesterday to see if he had anything new. Got to see the new RMK 500, it has no front hubs. Insted it has a gear box up front. It is in the Magnum frame and dose not come in the HO.It will only be sold in certin areas it will be marketed to high contry riding.Lowere gearing, no AWD switch, and starts like a car no more button to push. It will be similar to AWD on a car, kiks in and out by itself.I also saw a 4wd Ranger, not the six weel ranger this has 4 wheels and is 4WD. About the 700 I was told that there is a sport ride comming out.The suspension is sopossed to be really tricked out like nothing around now.He said that it would not come out till they dile in the motor to match suspension??? He said polaris wants to be #1 and will not release it till they are sure it will be.The dealer is in Pinedale Wy. he sells more sleds and atv's than anyone in this contry. When Polaris tests sleds in in winter they come to him to help out. This guy dose lots of R/D with polaris so he should know what he is talking about.Anyway just wanted to pass this on maybe we we'll get our wish soon.

Old 05-09-2001, 04:08 PM
Trailblazer

That is good to hear Ray.

When you think about it, the Magnum RMK is designed to be more durable than the Honda Rubicon. (no electrical sensors to wear out, no hub wires and pick-ups to fray, and it has more pulling ability that the AC500 Auto.)

This could be the ultimate utility quad. I remember the shootout between the Magnum, Grizzly, and AC 500. The Magnum won and this RMK is designed even better.

What is lost on top end speed will be made up for in more rapid acceleration, pulling power, and durability. (not to mention steep down-hill gear hold back)

Old 05-09-2001, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Why don't they market this quad to everyone? Not just certain areas.

Old 05-10-2001, 07:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

yea, i'd love to see one to. my dealer told me the RMK is designed for high-elevations only and so she can't even order one!
that's a terrible way to design and market a new and "improved" model.
plus, have you ever tried to email polaris an atv question lately? they NEVER respond! (years ago they used to.) don't understand them lately!

'01 sportsman 500
2000lb warn
26" outlaws
rest is stock and terrific

Old 05-10-2001, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

ray,

If Polaris wants to be #1 in the sport quad market and won't release their new model until it's perfect, we'll be in for a long wait! But hey, I've only waited 5 years for them to come out with something better, so what's another two or three years?

Old 05-10-2001, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

I would assume that polaris will release some new quads real soon.
yahama has ther dealer show next month and they will release the new Grizz. Bomb has the new Quest, and kawie has the prarie650.

with all this competition Polaris has to have something better coming soon if they want to be #1.

later
jon

Old 05-10-2001, 03:58 PM
ray
Trailblazer

Mike, I hear ya, I fell in love wtih the Scrambler when it first came out in 95. I had the first one in town. And am still waiting I never really considered the 400EX, or the Sand-Doo but after riding the Raptor??? Polaris beter come up with something soon or I will be jumping ship. I am still a 2 stroke fan and wish that they would come out with one insted of the 4 stroke. I dont really see the need to go with the bigger motor when you can get the 400 to do the job. I guess I dont care about being the fastest (not all the time) but I want a light weight, better handeling ride. I think if they put the "Legendary" 700 in one it will again be a pig as far as weight. They make a great snowmobile and have ton's of R/D in that area, dont know why they are so prehistoric when it comes to sport ATV'S. Hell you can custom order your sled now, why not do the same for ATV'S!!!

Old 05-11-2001, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

I seen one on the floor here in St. John's Newfoundland Canada. High altitude . . . not really.

Really stiff rear suspension and a $9500 price tag (HO $8200).