Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Bad gas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The t-blazers hasnt been running right lately.Last Sat. I had been ridin around with friends all day.We stopped to go get a drink, and when we came back I went to start it, and nothing.So I had a friend pull me back to my house, and we got to talking about what could be wrong.We all decided that I had a hole in my piston(this comes from me just having a new piston put in, because it wouldnt start).So I let er' sit for about 3 days.I went out there wendsday to see if it would crank, and no luck.So I pulled(my starter is gone=) ) on it about 2 more times, and on the last time it started without given it any gas.So I drive it over to my neighbors house, he has a machine shop and helps me with all my problems, and we've about decided its bad gas, or a clogged fuel line or trash in the gas filter.Oh yeah sometimes you can pull it one time and it will crank, but if you give it gas sh'll bogg and die.Then sometimes you can pull it and it wont turn over at all.Also once it crunk and revved right up.Dunno=\ So I was just wondering what you think it might be.All input would be greatly appreciated greatly=)

Old 05-11-2001, 09:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah gas is the first thing that i would try. but i would pull the carb off and clean that too because dirt might have gotten in there...hows your air filter? if it is clogged you wont be able to hammer the trottle either.
good luck
snowdowg out

Old 05-12-2001, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

That would be my first guess also, since i had the same problem and ended up finding out the gas i used the day before was bad, water in it, so that water went to the carb bowls, so thats the first place i would check is for water in the carb bowls. Else have you done any deep water riding where water could have got in through the vents or air intake?