Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Redneckish Inventions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-1999, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I'd see what some of you folks have come up with to utilize your quads more. I, for one, took two foot-and-a-half long 1/4's,put one on either side of my rear rack extender(Sportsman 335)bolted the pieces together, and screwed 6 inch long by 1 1/2 inch wide pipes (3pipes) into the 1/4's. It makes a great holder for fishing rods, axes,etc.

Old 11-27-1999, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

no real biggie but got tired of Polaris thumb,was real baad for the little lady,took a "L" shaped bracket bent it out straight.it has a dog leg in it,then drilled hole in throttle and attached it.It extends the length out and you can bend to fit your thumb.Also cut down old car chains for use in the snow.You can buy them cheap at garage sales.

Old 11-28-1999, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

Well this is an old one that everyone has likly seen . The old sweet gum limb tied to the front bumper to catch those pesky spider webs when you ride the trails in the woods.Nothing worse than a big old hairy spider stuck to your face when your trying to ride!!! of course Corncob riding in the back wouldn't know about that.HaHa

------------------
Kevin Gowdy aka Kagey 1999 Polaris Magnum 500

Old 11-30-1999, 04:56 PM
Range Rover

I took sum them there metal kegs that are delivered to my cabin daily with the milk they hold that brew that my ol lady calls breakfast of champions, you know the ones with them 3 frogs talkin, well I hooked em together with a pole and tied em under myscrambler and now I can float over all them sippy holes and I can even go frog giggin from it with out getting my boots wet. Sum days I might tie a rock to it and float it on out in the water and tie a trout line from it to the bank where I be sittin, then I can feed the whole family even the dogs fer a couple of days, and if ya ain't in to that we don't give a damn cause a country boy can survive!! ......I wish I was in the land of cotton old times there are not forgotten.....

[This message has been edited by myscrambler (edited 11-30-1999).]

Old 11-30-1999, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer

I had to fix a water gap the other day and had to reel the wire across by myself so I took a piece of pipe and ran it through the wire. Then I tied some wire from the rack straight down to the pole on both sides of the wire reel. Then I tied the wire to the post closest to the gap jumped on the ol' 300 xplorer threw her into four wheel drive and away I went. I ran three lines that way and then tied them off. The water was about headlight deep, but I didn't even get my boots wet.

Old 11-30-1999, 06:55 PM
Trailblazer

Oh, by the way it was barbed wire so it wasn't a very wide reel. Worked great!

Old 11-30-1999, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

One of the most useful pieces of equipment I carry on the trail is a machete. This isn’t one of those cheap wimpy one’s, it has a thick 18” long blade and a good solid handle so it can do double duty as an axe if need be. Besides that I keep it sharp. The neat thing is where it’s mounted, under the rear rack of my SP500. I screwed a 1x4 the length of the sheath to the underside of the rack and attached the plastic sheath to the 1x4. The 1x4 also spaces the sheath down from the rack a little to make room for the handle. The machete came from Cabela’s, the plastic sheath from Brigade Quartermaster and both are black so I spray painted the 1x4 black and you wouldn’t even guess it’s there. I was concerned at first about the machete working its way out of the sheath on the trail but it must be in there tight enough because after over 2000 miles that’s never happened. It’s great for building a fire or clearing trail debris.

------------------
FloodRunner, on the Wisconsin River

Old 12-01-1999, 08:46 PM
Range Rover

lets see if you can beat this one i found a old grocery cart and cut the tires off of it with a torch and then i welded it to the back rack of my twole it is the best wheelie bar every made until the tires sink in

------------------
99 500 scrambler with hotseat pipe and clutch dg bumper soon to have pistons and air box mod 93 yamaha t-wolve with a broken taillight soon to be fixed tailight is now fixed now need to fix headlight

Old 12-01-1999, 08:48 PM
Range Rover

lets see if you can beat this one i found a old grocery cart and cut the tires off of it with a torch and then i welded it to the back rack of my twole it is the best wheelie bar every made until the tires sink in

------------------
99 500 scrambler with hotseat pipe and clutch dg bumper soon to have pistons and air box mod 93 yamaha t-wolve with a broken taillight soon to be fixed tailight is now fixed now need to fix headlight

Old 12-01-1999, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

I bought an old "Army Amo Box". They are water proof and pretty cheap. Good for keeping some dry towels, choths, and food.