Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

If your going hunting in Canada and taking a gun and your 4 wheeler think again. Canada does not want you anymore or our money...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2001, 01:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We go hunting in canada 2 times a year and we have hunted for 30 years now. With the new gun laws you have to fill out forms and pay to get your legal rifle across the border.... Sounds like they don't like us any more. Spent maybe $75,000 to $100,000 in canada in all that time. Must not like my money either. This is not ment to make all you 4 wheelen Canadian's mad just need to talk to your goverment.... sounds like they are regeristiing all the guns so they can take them away from you. All I know I will not be going to canada any more even just to 4 wheel and vacation.

realoldguy

2001 Scrambler 400
2001 Explore 4x4
2001 Trailblazer
2001 Honda 250EX
2001 Trailboss (next week)

Old 05-17-2001, 01:50 AM
Trailblazer

Somebody had to take over when the USSR went kaput. LOL

All of the previously British controlled colonies have no rights. Australia, Canada, India and the list goes on.

London is also the city that is under video surveillance 24 hours a day.

Old 05-17-2001, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about that realoldguy, you're probably better off being a criminal up here. There's no sense at talking to our gov since they don't listen anyway the morons. Because of this BS, I've ended up getting rid of my guns as it's just a hassle to own especialy handguns. Really pisses me off that the gov would target us all like that. Since the new gun laws, criminals are all lineing up to register their weapons and there is no more crime...yeah right!

Old 05-17-2001, 02:26 AM
Trailblazer

I feel real bad for you hunters up in canada you have one great country and a great place to 4 wheel I guess all the liberals are going to make it hard on the real people..... good luck

realoldguy

Old 05-17-2001, 03:47 AM
Range Rover

Do you recall the fee? I'm going on a boar hunting trip on 6/4 near Quebec City. Haven't taken my rifle across in 5 years...

I was just running that thought through my head earlier. I vaguely remember them passing some law on gun transportation.

Shannon
'99 Sportsman 500
'01 Sportsman 500 H.O.
'01 Sportsman 90
See The Pictures

Old 05-17-2001, 04:00 AM
Range Rover
Old 05-17-2001, 05:23 AM
Trailblazer

I was considering a vacation to hunt in Saskatchewan until they enacted those gun laws. You have to pay $50 at the border for a background check and they forward the serial numbers of your guns to the ATF who stores them in their databank therefore you register your hunting rifles with the atf just by taking them into Canada! Despite the small fact that it's all highly illegal under the constitution of the united states it's still being done. It has something to do with the fact that the government can do anything illegal that they want to until someone takes them to court and forces them to stop. The net result is that I won't be traveling to canada anytime in the future. There are a lot of other countries that would rather have my tourism dollars. If you live in canada and eventually decide that you'd like to have american tourist dollars back then you'd better fix your screwed up government. If you don't really care how americans perceive your country and don't mind the lost tourism dollars then don't do anything. You certainly have the right to not want us there, but don't cry about the loss of american dollars.

Old 05-17-2001, 10:44 AM
MJS
Weekend Warrior

scavanau:

The cost is around the 50.00 cdn mark. You can download the forms from this site so you will be ready at the border www.cfc.gc.ca just search your way from there.
Now to the others- we tried to get rid of the Liberals but the number of voters that live in big centers outnumber the rural Period! The opposition won in the West but the Liberals won in the east where a majority of the seats are hence the greater the population is. I am from Quebec and this just sucks but what can you do- Democracy has spoken!

Old 05-17-2001, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, Democracy Has Spoken... Misguided, misinformed, selfish, and ignorant democracy!

I've seen a lot of postings about guns, but what's the story about taking ATVs across? Any special forms or hassles there? I've got my quads state licensed (stickered), insured, etc. Do I need anything else?

Old 05-17-2001, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

Hey there ZOOM ZOOM If you are turning in your guns And don,t want to loose them get ahold of me. I will take them off your hands. i used to live in Canada but moved to the us in 93 Partly becuse of the Gun controlAnd no work where i lived. So if your interested Email me Ok.

Quick Reply: If your going hunting in Canada and taking a gun and your 4 wheeler think again. Canada does not want you anymore or our money...