Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Brand bashing at home

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just thought Id ask everybody from bashing other brands on this forum. The reason is...I just got my girlfriend a Honda Rancher so theres gonna be enough bashing going on here at home!

To all the Polaris folks....please dont call me a traitor...Im still faithful to my Xpedition 425.

Old 05-23-2001, 08:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

"the grass aint always greener on the other side."
POLARIS RULES!
(P.S. awesome pics!)

'01 sportsman 500 H.O. (red)
2000 lb warn
26" outlaws
'95 magnum 425 (stock)
'00 sportsman 6X6
'00 chevy tahoe
soon to come-kids quad!(polaris of course!)

Old 05-23-2001, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Not really brand bashing but lately, it seems that
all of us riding are all polaris people so we have been although not bashing polaris, we have each been bragging about which polaris atv can go through the deepest mud and water. With my 27 inch mudbugs on. I am competing with 1 old sp400 2 cycle with mud runners. about 4 sp500's, and 2 sp500 h.o.'s. With the 27's on my xpedition 425 cc 5 speed. I am right there with them. I go through the water hole and they have to stop and dry there belt and I do not. (shaft drive). They got water and mud in that belt compartment that has to be flushed out. My xpedition has been doing pretty good lately. When I get real serious, I take my tamarack box off the back to lighten the atv up. I seem to need more power to get through some of the places and maybe the 400 and 500 sportsmen go through more slowly or gently but I have been going through the same darn mud holes now that they do, by golley. Lately, I have been giving them S _ _ T!, that my xpedition is catching up to them and they better watch out. Now, they are fired up to challenge me again in some new and deeper mud holes. See what I started. I bought those larger cv boot guards. those long ones and put them on. Makes my xped. look nice. I through away the 5 inch square pieces of stock junk. In reality, they probably go through more then me but it is really getting close now. I am getting stuck far less then last year. Its a very wet year up here to this spring... rangerchet 2000 polaris xpedition 425 cc 5-speeder and having a blast riding this baby!! I don't mind honda's at all, just prefer to ride my xpedition.... enough said!

Old 05-24-2001, 11:58 AM
Range Rover

Hey MtPockets, how ya like your 6x6?? Have you had any trouble out of the sprockets or chains?? I have only had 1 sprocket problem and thats it. It was the rear most sprocket, the splines on the bolts that hold them in place were stripped out. Anyways, that HO got some outlaws on it, dont leave the 6x6 out on the fun. I am thinking of buying some 12" wheels for the rear, selling my vamps and buying outlaws. Are ya gonna fix up the 6x??? later, Ryan

Old 05-24-2001, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Pfelect,
dont feel bad,I bought the wife a Honda Recon,and she never rides it.My friends sure like it though.She likes the Auto trans on my Xplorer more.Im going to sell it and get her a Trailblazier or Trailboss though,
Bill

Old 05-25-2001, 09:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sportsman 6X6,
i gotta tell ya, when i brought that 6x6 home my friends gave me some strange looks! they said-'you gonna ride that? how you gonna keep up?'
(we do lots of deep woods,steep, rocky, and lots of mud type of riding.)
after our first ride, everyone couldn't stop talking about it! the 6x6 handles GREAT on the trails and gives a good ride to! the best part of our ride, that these guys still keep talking about to this day, was the deep, soopy, mud that everyone got stuck in, except MY 6X!! i pulled each guy out, then went right through it myself all the way to the other side. i have pics!
it was a great day!
my 6x6 is stock and i plan to keep it that way. i've NEVER had a problem with it- i beat the machine hard every ride to.
it's up on the family farm in Vt. now. i think my brother enjoys doing his farm chores with it.
maybe next year i will buy a moose 60" plow for it.

it's AMAZING what an extra set of wheels will do for a 4X4!
i LOVE my 6X6!

Old 05-27-2001, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

For the life of me I tried and couldn't get any more power out of my H.O. But had great results with a H.O. cam, 42mm TM Mikuni and manifold on the EXP. In fact it held dead even in repeated drag races with the H.O. So if you want your EXP to run as fast as a H.O. it can be done. I have an extra H.O. cam for sale if you are interested.

Old 05-27-2001, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

Chet that old rusted red slug can,t keep up in the water or mu unless we are pulling you through if i remember twice we pushed and pulled your dead horse out of that hole and it was not even up to the handle bars. Even the wifes scrambler made it through there. LoL I don,t think u will be even keeping up close to me when i get my new rubber mounted them vamps look like the tickit. And they even hold air unlike those Firestons you run.

Old 05-29-2001, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Dazed, You will remember that I went through all 4 of those deep water holes the first time and on the way back My engine died in one of them. I have since found out, that my fuel pump was bad. So when getting low on gas, it would act up.I now have it replaced and them there water holes don't mean nothing again. Up to a point of course.
I only got stuck once on that trip. How many times did the h.o. get stuck? ps: I do remember that all of you with belts had to dry them as they were slipping. The shaft drive does not slip.
Boy oh Boy those xpeditions sure are good!
rangerchet 2000 polaris xpedition 425 cc 5-speed