Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

your ride?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-1999, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Duesch, my Polaris "true" 4 wheel drive will allow me to hook up right away and i'll easily kill you off the start. You'll never be able to catch up because of my strong mid-range and even stronger top end. My liquid cooled engine will keep my engine running strong and cool! eat my Polaris dust!

Old 12-09-1999, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sorry that i offended everybody with my honesty. Not my opinon.
I have seen it too many times, the problems that is. They need to make there bikes stronger, and then they might have the best. For now the Grizzly rules, and hell even another pul of the **** owner is coming to get a Grizzly, he too is tired of breakage. And yes he maintains his bike well, just where we come from you are looking at doing at least 40 to 50 miles, one way, and some really bad spots.
One day the sensor broke and he could not get it into 4*4 anymore.
I raced one in a mud run, a 500SP that is and it was beautiful, but it did not even finish the race, it sucked in water, and this bike was brand new.
Sorry guys, but when i see peak reliability then you can talk and no i am not a spoilt rich kid. I work hard and that is why i wanted everything in 1 pkg including reliability.
Thanks, don't take it personally, its a machine that you wasted your hard earned money on unless you are rich and don't care.

Old 12-09-1999, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

Once again someone who claims to see all kinds of Polaris breakage. If it was that bad wouldnt everyone see it? I never see it , owned Yamaha and Honda and my Polaris has been every bit as reliable, and hoping more so than The brand new Warrior I owned that sat in the shop for 6 months! waiting for a new motor, after I owned it 3 months! That was a waste of hard earned cash.

Old 12-09-1999, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

yam8- there you go again! quit being a *** and get out of here. If you want peak peliabilty get a HONDA, where do you get this bull about Polaris breaking down, ONE GUY YOU HAVE SEEN! that has broken down, but kept good care of it. yamaha, is behind, especially when they make a huge 4x4 air cooled, just cuz it is a 600 doesnt mean it is better! Every hammer is a pile o' Sh*t! i give top to Honda, then MAYBE Polaris or Suzuki!EXAMPLE OF TECHNOLOGY: The warrior's engine is still a 2 valve engine, this is the same engine in the Wolverine, so anybody that thinks there Warrior or Wolverine is KING SH*T, you got another thing coming! The Banshee's suspension is so far behind in Tech., they have been making the banshee since the 80's, i mean come on!! The banshee is so far behind it isnt funny! Yamaha needs a new race quad, the banshee's are getting ate alive on the track! the R's are still kicking tail! Shut up and get a real quad yam8, by the way is that your age? 8?
--------------------------
Ranger 96 300EXw/500R motor

------------------

Old 12-09-1999, 08:50 PM
Trailblazer

2000 Expedition
Vampires on all 4's
Winch
Tamarack box
K&N filter
Front rack custom
Love this machine no problems easy on gas and lots of torque. The Vampires are an excellent mud tire and they are also pretty good on the trails too. I can understand these idiots coming into Polaris forums and slamming them. The old Polaris with chain front and back were not reliable but these people better wake up and smell the muskeg because Polaris does make a very good machine and will be the # 1 seller. Right now according to all the atv mags Honda is first with Polaris biting on it's heals and then comes Yamaha way behind Polaris. All atv's are good and they all break down. So all you simple minded ATVer's get a life and all you common sense ATVer's enjoy and happy ATVing.

Old 12-09-1999, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Actually I sold my Yamaha for reliability problems, had to have the motor replaced on a brand new Warrior after only 3 months! I bought it brand new. It was warrantied but it took 6 months to fix it! My Polaris has had zero troubles. As do all the Polaris owners I know in person.

Old 12-09-1999, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

00' Trail Boss and my dad has a 95 400 explorer that hasn't had to have anything replaced yet. Heavener, Oklahoma

Old 12-09-1999, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Stocker-I love you man, but give me a F*CKING break! HAHAHA, yes your "true" 4wd will hook up, but bye the time your front wheels kick in, i will be in 3rd gear, and going oh about 50 mph down the road, while you are still trying to fix your belt from slipping. Your "snowmobile in the summer" wont stand a chance against the "Red and Black Attack". well maybe your DAD will buy you a nice 400EX, that will keep up a little better than your sport/recreation/utility/whatever you want it to be quad/ 500 scrambler. By the way if you want to challenge my friend, he has a stock 300EX just waiting to race some POS 500 Scrambler! Yeah that is what i thought, get a sport quad! bye BOX!

Ranger
96 300EX with a 500R powerplant

Old 12-09-1999, 09:28 PM
Trailblazer

the problem with a lot of you guyz is that you don't know how to correctly service your engine. Changing oil is a biggy, you gotta know what you are doing or else you are gonna have engine troubles. So, when your engine blows up, don't go blaming it on the company right away, look in the mirror.

the man who know's his quads.

Old 12-09-1999, 10:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I DRIVE A 98 SCRAMBLER 400 WITH A

RCR TOP-END PIPE W/ ALUMINUM SILENCER

BOYESEN RAD VALVE W/ CARBON FIBER PRO SERIES REEDS

CUSTOM AIRBOX MOD W/ K & N AIR FILTER

SUN-PRO MINI TACH

AAEN CLUTCH KIT (GREEN PRIMARY SPRING, BLUE SECONDARY SPRING & S55 WEIGHTS)

SKAT-TRAK 21X12X8 10 PADDLE HAULERS AND CUSTOM BUILT FRONT SKAT-TRAK 8 PADDLE GLIDERS BOTH ON DOUGLAS .160 ALUMINUM WHEELS

SHOCK COVERS BY SHOCKWEARS

PRO-GRIP GEL GRIPS

BLAZE RED BRUSH GUARD (ON ORDER)

WE HAVE AN EXCELLENT WEBSITE TO CHECK OUT AT
WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/BAJA/CLIFFS/3856

THIS IS AN EXCELLENT QUAD BUT UNFORTUNATELY IT IS (FOR SALE) SINCE I NEED TO GO FASTER.

PETE

[This message has been edited by 98scram400 (edited 12-09-1999).]

Quick Reply: your ride?