Pulling capabilities...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-1999 | 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

ATEAM,your right,but im still waiting for a reply from the King Grizz[yam8]

------------------

Old 12-09-1999 | 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

I would vote for the Max IV 25hp and the HydroTraxx 6x6. Both machines have more power than you could ever stop, true six wheel drive, and enough weight to get better traction than any quad. Either machine would drag the Polaris diesel around like nothing. I have seen the HydroTraxx drag a Dodge Ram dully so I'm sure it wouldn't even notice the Polaris back there.

MaxRules

Old 12-09-1999 | 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

MAX,there you go again.Did you read the question posted by the originator of this post?He asked how Polaris rate the towing capacities of their quads?Not who's atv could drag others around the best.Bill

------------------

Old 12-09-1999 | 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Most people seemed to be talking about which ATV could pull what, and the quad of choice seems to be the Polaris Diesel. You know the Max and HydroTraxx can pull more than any quad ever will. Max is superior in any off road terrain. I will prove this sometime in June when we do the Max vs. Quad. Read about it in "Utility Machines", "Best stock deep mud machine".

MaxRules (and you know it)

Old 12-10-1999 | 12:56 AM
Trailblazer

Max6x6, any off-road terrain ??? does any means water to you ? If there`s no water, your max doesn't have any advantages, only disadvantages, like no suspension, no top speed, tank type steering...And as far as traction goes, the sportsman 6x6 and the ranger are there with their true 6x6. Buy the way, you only have true 6x6 when going staight line don`t you. What will you do if you are dragging that diesel 4x4 and theirs a tree in front of you. You will only have 3x6 and the diesel will have 4x4 .... anyway, max6x6, hahaha

[This message has been edited by A_TEAM (edited 12-09-1999).]

Old 12-10-1999 | 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Max will be far superior in any off road terrain. The skid steering is better than regular "car like" steering any day. Skid steering is much better for monuvering through the woods. Suspension is not going to get you from point A to point B. It only adds weight and cost. When you have six wheels and soft tires there is no need for it. Max is 3x6 when you pull it all the way back but it is possible to make a small turn with one side going slower than the other. The HydroTraxx is always six wheel drive. The Max would out pull the Diesel any day and any time. 6x6s will always be superior to 4x4s. Be a real man and show up at the Max vs. Quads in June.

MaxRules

Old 12-10-1999 | 09:04 PM
|
Pro Rider

Reply to the statement about the Max outpulling a Dodge dually: yea right! If the truck was on the ground and had slick tires and two wheel drive I could see the Max pulling it. But still,that's a little far fetched. It doesn't matter anyway, those little Max things can't even compare to the many abilities and uses of a quad. So what if they can float? I'd like to see one of those things climb the hills and go through the tight spaces I do. Heck, I'd like to see one of those things go 30mph! Basically all you can do with a Max is ride it and maybe pull a trailer if you get the hitch accessory. Does that make it better than a quad-any quad?
BushHog

Old 12-10-1999 | 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

It wasn't a Max that pulled it, it was the Hydro Traxx. Besides the truck wan't even on when they did it. But the parking brake was on.

MAX 6x6, Were is this video located at?

Old 12-10-1999 | 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Boner - Glad someone knows what they are talking about. They HydroTraxx video is not on the net, you have to get it from the company. There is a pic of the truck it pulled on www.hydrotraxx.com.

BushHog - The top speed of the Max is 30mph. It will go faster if you open up the governor. I have climbed hills and side hilled steeper than I would attempt on a quad. I am talking about hills where you have to start right at the bottom and go up, not just get a running start and hit it at 60mph. In the real off road world (maybe you don't know much about it) you can't go fast and up hills. Your machine has to make it to the top without blazing speed. The hitch is not an accessory, it is standard. I have owned and compared the Max to quads and there is nothing better than the Max. Go anywhere.

MaxRules

Old 12-10-1999 | 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

Max,If I May Ask,When was the last time you seen the doctor for a complete physical examinination,including A BRAIN SCAN?======BILL

------------------

Quick Reply: Pulling capabilities...