Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What if?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-1999 | 11:17 AM
ray
|
Trailblazer

I was just reading a post on someone getting a new Scrambler and why Polari are so heavy. Anyway It just hit me what if Polaris comes out with a new sport model after all the sport is now the Scrambler 2x4 and with the compotition between Ski-Dont and Polaris in the snowmobile area. Do you think Polaris will sit back and watch the DS-650 take all the glory? Not sure, since the 400 EX came out all Polaris has done is add increased travel to the Scrambler line nothing real exciting as fas as I see. So what if they come out with one will we all be kicking ourselves for going with the scrambler or will we stick with it because of the type of riding you do. Or do you think the sport 4x4 crowd will grow? Just some things to think about I guess.

Old 12-09-1999 | 06:01 PM
Trailblazer

buy the 400ex and you will see what you should be kicking yourselves over. It is the king of all quads. It will reighn supreme for longer than that of the banshee. If it doesn't then you can rub it in as long as it seems posible. That goes for all the times you see my name on any reply for as long as it seems neccisary. It doesn't matter what you do the scrambler it will still not compare to the perfection of the 400ex.

Know signing of is D.Page yes thats right D.Page and the only one you will every need to listen to for the rest of you life and the rest of everyone elses. How privaledge you must fell to have D.Page reply to your topic. Well I just wanted to make you fell better about not having a reply for so long.

------------------

Old 12-09-1999 | 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

I never thought the 400 EX and the Scrambler were really the same type of machine? I never would have thought to compare them? the Scrambler to me is way more multi purpose than the 400 EX which to me is strictly a sport quad and not one that unlike the scrambler which can pretty much do it all especially in the 4x4 model. Are Polaris and Honda going after the same type of rider with these quads?

Old 12-09-1999 | 07:00 PM
Range Rover

D. Page, please learn how to spell and enroll yourself in a proof-reading course before subjecting us to any more of those replys which absolutely butcher the english language. Put the 400ex up against my Scrambler in the mud and hills and we'll see who reigns supreme. Different capabilities on both machines. As far as honda and polaris going after the same market for the 400ex and the scrambler line- i think in large part it is the same market. i considered the 400ex when i bought my scrambler two months ago. Take care CT 00 Scrambler 500

Old 12-09-1999 | 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

CTthorpe-the 400EX will still reign in the hills! i have seen it happen!

Old 12-09-1999 | 07:27 PM
ray
|
Trailblazer

D.Page, yilkes take a chill before you pop a vein. Remember the Scrambler is a sport 4x4 the 2x4 is considered a sport quad. Yes it may be true that the EX is a good sport ride but the question I asked was what if Polaris came out with a new sport quad. I am sure that it would convert some of you red riders. Remember the sport is now the scrambler 2x4. Also remember the DS650 riders will have something to say about this when it is all said and done, for all we know you may be one of them.

Old 12-09-1999 | 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

D. Page......hahaha....Everyone is a
comedian!

Ranger SX

That is your opinion and yes, your
entitled to it. Mine will be based on
this. I have a 2 day old '00 scrambler
400 4x4 and my best Friend (also a riding
buddy) owns a 400ex that is approximately
2 months old. We will be riding this
weekend and will be doing lost of ride
comparisons. From riding his quad and
now mine, I beleive that mine will take
him everywhere but the drag. Both
machines are stock. Only time will tell.
I am not here to argue, I love my new
machine and I like the 400ex's and are
just a confident in its capabilities as I
am my own scramblers.

As far as the machines being
compared.......heres how I feel, the
400ex is bare bones compared to the
scrambler in these respects: no cooling
system, no reverse, no 4x4, and so on. I
do not believe this can be compared.
Just as a bunch of people were argueing
in the Bombardier forum over the banshee
and DS. They were stating that if you
invested the difference in money of the
DS to Banshee, the upgraded banshee would
beat the DS. Using this as a comparison,
If you added all components listed above
to the 400ex, would it be able to stand
its own against the scrambler? I dont
want any flames from anyone b/c i know
some people are close to there quads. I
am just stating a valued question.

All opinions would be great!

Thanks guys

EC

Old 12-09-1999 | 08:07 PM
Range Rover

ranger, your opinion is your opinion, but ive seen scramblers outrun 400ex on hills. im sure you may have seen 400ex outrun scramblers on hills. depends on the hills and depends on the rider. give me a nice, somewhat wet and muddy hill and i'll wave to the 400ex guy every time i go past him. By the way, i think both are awesome quads, just depends on what you want.

Old 12-09-1999 | 08:59 PM
Range Rover

So, Ranger, where have you seen the 400 beat a scrambler? I know where you live and I know no one who has a 400ex in that area or to mention a scrambler. And plus where are they gonna race up hill in northern Iowa?Don't lie just to defend your favorite machine. It is one of my favorites too but I don't lie about it.

Old 12-09-1999 | 09:23 PM
Range Rover

Never Fear, A New Polaris is Almost Here.

In the spring of 2000, Polaris is introducing it's new sport quad. It is said to be a 500cc, twin cylinder 2-stroke. I read about it four months ago in 4-wheel Atv Action. I've been asking the local Polaris dealer, and he has confirmed it. Polaris is not releasing many details now.