Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Xpedition 325 vs. 425

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2001, 09:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wyd - I'm cutting back on my r/c exspenses. I think I have all the cars I want at the moment. I havn't raced lately, just a lot of playing around. Like taking the T-Maxx down to a BMX track and having fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It was last October that my friend got me interested in ATV and they havn't been off my mind since then. Normally when I want to buy something exspensive and I sit back and think about some, the idea stays in my head for few weeks, this is almost a year, so I know I want one.

From all the suggestions the 425 is the way to go, I think the priuce difference only works out to be an extra $10-15 a month on financing.

Its nice to know there are a bunch of Xpeditions owners, when I come in here I almost never see xpedition posts

Thanks for the replies you guys

Old 06-03-2001, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, My freind has an Xpedition 425 and I must say they are great quads I've rode them millions of times, like most of the other guys have told you, if you can swing it, go for the 425 its a rad quad. You won't be dissapointed!!!!

Peace out bros!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BMXATV10

Old 06-04-2001, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

I agree, its nice to see that there are some xpedition 425cc 5-speeders out there. I so rarely see them. I have yet to ride with another one. When ever I ride with new people, I see that they do keep there eye on my 425 to see how it does. I think they are just curious about a polaris shifter model. I agree with the guy above that pointed out that the 425 is liquid cooled and the 325 is not. It seems that the liquid cooled models can handle riding in the hot hot summer better. I can ride all day and the liquid cooled, oil cooled, fan cooled engine will run and run, I don't care if its almost 100 degrees out. I also think its kind of ironic that the automatics have to come to a complete stop to shift from high to low range and stop again to put it back to high range. We are the shifters and we do not have to stop! I often stop for some one in front of me with an auto. while they shift to low range for the mud hole. They stop again to go back to high range. We just pop our peddle to a higher or lower gear, even while moving! And our belts dont get wet since we have none. I'm not saying thats the greatest thing, but it should be pointed out that what we loose else where, we still do have some advantages. I wonder if polaris would ever consider making a 625cc ?-speed xpedition? Seems resonable to me. I will also point out for my 2nd. or 3rd. time, that since I put on 27 inch mudbugs with itp magnum billet aluminum rims. I can compete with the sp500(class) atv's in the mud. I am not saying that I beat them all the time. The fact that the xpedition will compete with them in the mud. Says allot, I think....

rangerchet 2000 polaris xpedition 425 cc 5-speed... into my 3rd. year with this baby@!

Old 03-04-2023, 09:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

does anyone know where I can find a 325 expedition lift kit (2 or four inches) ???????