Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What do you guys think of Polaris?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-1999, 03:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize that most (99%) of you are Polaris owners. I was wondering what year, what machine, and what you think about it. (Likes, dislikes, any improvements, etc.)

Please be as honest and truthfull as possible.

Also, please try and stay on the subject.

AMA Any questions...ASK 99 Sportsman

Old 12-11-1999, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer

Currently I am a Yamaha owner but my friend has a 98 400 scrambler. I think the machine is great and I plan to get a 00 in the spring. I heard that Polaris might be putting a 500cc twin 2 stroke in the next sport machine. I like the 400's power but this would be huge power!! The weight of the polaris could come down I think. I heard of guys being able to drop 50-100 of these quads. I think that would be the way to go to make them better.

Mohs

Old 12-11-1999, 04:55 PM
Trailblazer

First off, I own a 500 Magnum.

The things that I like about it is the power engine, low end grunt, ground clearance, size (big bike for a big guy), large back rack (for the big buck), dependability, towing capacity, lighting setup (has 3 instead of 2), floorboards, true four wheel drive (4x4 not 3x4), On Demand 4 wheel drive, smooth riding, great undercarriage protection, cooling system, and it looks great.

The number one thing that I don't like about the Magnum is the location of the oil container (or whatever it's called). It is very hard to check your oil with that two foot dipstick, though it is easy to change. As of now, I can't think of anything else to complain about.

Overall, I really like the machine. It has been great for the first 24 hours that I've had it. Very fun and hard working.

Old 12-12-1999, 09:17 AM
Trailblazer

I ride a 2000 Sportsman 335. I have only had it about a month but am very pleased. It seems to have all the power that I will ever need. The suspension is great. I agree about the location of the oil cooler and flimsy grill that they put on it from the factory. I also don't care for the location of the oil filler. I like hte full composit floor boards, have had them coverd in gooey Mississippi mud and did not slip a bit. I do wish you could shift on the fly from low to high gear. I also wish that you could burn all of the headlights at the same time. But these are just minor things and am very happy with my machine. If I had to purchase again, I would buy the same thing.

Andy Taleisnik
Jackson, MS

Old 12-12-1999, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

I have a 97 Trail Blazer..hence the name

I like pretty much everything about it.

It could have a little more punch from the start It takes to long for the power to kick in I want to be able to do some wheelies I believe the RCR kick would help that..but i bought a new computer again! I was going to spend about 750 in mods.

I don't like:

The way the transmission case hangs over the front sprocket(i've already had that problem!)

Old 12-12-1999, 10:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 00' Magnum 325 and so far it's been a fantastic machine. I've had it about 4 months. I ride with a buddy of mine who owns a 97' Fourtrax 300 4x4 and I go everywhere he does and them some. My other buddy also has a Fourtrax 4x4, he's already replaced both front axles, but, he treats it real rough.

Things I like about it are; true 4 wheel drive, two wheel and four wheel selectable, floor boards and composite racks, automatic tranny, fairly large fuel tank (3.75 gal), u-joint style drive, and, it rides unbelievably smooth over any terrain.

Things I don't like are; very heavy for a 300-350 class atv (625 lbs), tranny case is plastic and bulky, starter motor seems to run for a second or two after the motor starts (not a problem, just a little anoying sound), no speedo!

It's very comparable in price to most other 300 class atv's, but with a lot more features.

Old 12-12-1999, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

99 Sportsman 500cc.I like the ride,AWD system is awesume,switchable 2wd to 4wd,ground clearance,shaft drive,automatic trans,lights,and it is SO comfortable.Dis likes,wish it was 100lbs lighter,needs stronger front springs,it could use a drain plug on the bottom of the black cover seal,and I wish the Dealership would hurry up and get it fixed so I can ride it again.BILL

------------------

Trending Topics

Old 12-12-1999, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

I hate the 27" Blackwater XT's that came on mine... First mudhole I got into, They just gummed up and spun like snot on a doorknob.

Old 12-12-1999, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

GOOD ONE BILL;I like it I think if I ever get to ride it.

Old 12-12-1999, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer

I own a 95' scrambler 400.
What I like is: Demand AWD, automatic (sometime), really fast for a 4x4, alot of power, Good handling, suspension, easy to mod.
What I dislike is: automatic (sometime), bit heavy for a sport bike, could have more torque, one lever brake.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of Polaris?