Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What to buy to go along with my RCR kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-1999, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have already decided to get the RCR kit..

so i have 125 left.what should i buy next out of my list?

Would a TMX 38mm Carb. make that much difference? $199

Billet Starter Block off 19.95

ITP Steel Wheels(i was going to get aluminum til today..i seen a guy hit a rock..and it just smashed his rim!) $136

Red Plastic $147

Black Nose cover $15.95

Black Skid Plate $75.95

Hotseat Aluminum Bumper $119.95

Nerf Bars and footpegs..Where can i found Nerf Bars for sale?

Old 12-29-1999, 04:15 PM
Range Rover

well, if you are looking to get more performance, instead of the cosmetic stuff, maybe you want to go with a wiseco piston and rings. i know they are lighter and hold up better for modified engines. then maybe go with the delta force reed cage, then eventually put a bigger carb on. i would think this is the order that you should modify. i'm not sure, i know a bit about 2 strokes, but i haven't really done any modifying yet. i just got my scrambler last month, so i'll be modifying in the spring. i guess putting the bigger carb on first wouldn't hurt. but i think i am going to go with a wiseco piston before i do alot of mods. i'll probably do the stage 1 kit, then the piston, then other modification as i get more money. wouldn't want to blow your engine after all that work. i doubt just doing the stage 1 kit puts the engine in risk at all. i think thats more when when you get into head work, and porting and stuff like that. according to rcr's web page, it says that stock pistons eventually crack, so... who knows, might just be a sales pitch, but i don't think its a bad investment for $90.

bigdevil/'99 scrambler 400

Old 12-29-1999, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

What thickness rims was that guy using? You'd have to be hauling some butt to smash a .190 douglas/ITP.

I'd get a new set of handlebars, if you dont already have them I use Renthal (Banshee), and it made a big difference in the way the quad felt.

Depending on how far you wanted to go with your mods the 38TMX may be a watse of money, look into finding a new/used 34mm from a Sport/Scrambler.

------------------
Jerry Goodman '99 400L, '98 TBlazer

Old 12-29-1999, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

Save $5 to buy filter oil! The UNI is shipped dry
c-ya,

------------------
Andrew Thomas

'99 Scrambler 400 & '99 Trailblazer, both with RCR mods.

Old 12-30-1999, 01:46 AM
Range Rover

I've put the RcR Stage 1 kit in. I've already bought my Wiseco, just waiting to put it in. I've been told by at least 3 Polaris mechanics that this would be the next best step, Polaris pistons do crack supposedly. I put the new ITP T-9 Edge rims on my Sport, and after the first ride, I noticed a nice ding in one of the front rims, I know they were perfect when I put them on.I don't remember hitting anything. They are a lot lighter, and they look great. I just put in a big order from HotSeat on some cool looking cosmetic stuff. I put some aluminum handlebars on and it does soak up a lot of vibration. I took off the stock stickers and added some black skull stickers from stick 'em up.