Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris should have gotten a PATENT

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For quite a few years now there was only one manufacturer of a true sport utility.
(1) 4X4 that turned all 4 wheels
(2) enough power to both mud and haul ***
(3) CVT belt drive, power when you need it, not when you find a gear that works for that very second
(4) reverse
(5) tru comfort in suspension and seat

Looks like the same manufactures that used to say

"The belt will never work"
"Who needs to go that fast"
"Independant suspension is a waste"
"All four tires turning only helps a little"
"No quad should weigh more than 500 pounds"
"And on, and on, and on"

have all changed their minds.

I hope Polaris has a rabbit up their sleave, because now they all make
"POLARIS QUADS"

Old 06-19-2001, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

Can I get an AMEN? Don't worry about it.. We all know Polaris was the 1st, and we've all heard everyone trash Polaris about having a belt. But what are those guys gonna say when all you can buy is an auto? Polaris will do something different... something better ... don't worry.. 700 V Twin sounds bout like something they'd do hehe

Old 06-19-2001, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

I agree,when you look at the amount of things that polaris has copied off other snowmobile manufacturers and put on their own sleds it's amazing they didn't protect themselves with patents when they entered the atv market. They probably didn't want other companies to follow suit with patents of their own,since polaris knew eventually they would have to copy other quads out there. That PVT was just flawless, from 1985 until 1998 and then polaris had to ruin a good thing,by copying the engine braking off of yamaha. That true 4wd that engages sometimes is also the ****.

Old 06-19-2001, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]99griz Have you ever had anything positive to say about a Polaris? You should lighten up. My goodness guy, we all get together here to share Ideas and experiences and to maybe help someone with a problem. It seems that on all your posts that you just want to slash and burn. Give it a rest, please.

Old 06-20-2001, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Minehunter,
I think 99griz is a Polaris Lover in cogneato. I believe I should invite him on a ride and let him ride my 2000 Scram, he might even enjoy him self.

99griz, as we can all see you do not like the Polaris Brand. Thanks for your comments anyway.

Have a nice day!

Old 06-20-2001, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

Do u even have a clue as to how the engine breaking works on the polaris compared to the yammy grizz? But i bet you do know how to ask for a pull from a polaris rider That already has his belt dry, How about all that grizz grease you need to keep that clutch working properly and that bearing that is behind the cover that is not servicable while out on the trail, Oh how about that paper gasket they use what only 20 bucks and a one time use. Also hows those old drum breaks holding out If you say they still work fine you are a liar!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or how about that pos oil cooler that is plugged with mud Or is yours a trailer Queen? Face it grizzlys had a powerfull moter and that is all it had.

Old 06-20-2001, 08:20 AM
Range Rover

<< That PVT was just flawless, from 1985 until 1998 and then polaris had to ruin a good thing,by copying the engine braking off of yamaha. >>

99griz,

Tell us oh pompous one, if Polaris copied the engine braking off of Yamaha, why did Polaris come out with it first? It was available as an option several months before the Grizzly came out, or didn't you know this. Heck I did, my dealer tried to sell the kit to me.

Old 06-20-2001, 01:58 PM
Range Rover

A-Men!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2001, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

Mega

Did Polaris get a patent on the wonderful plastic steering stem bushing that they put on the 2000 models. I have two of them laying on my workbench that I would be willing to sell to the other atv manufacturers if they want to copy the great design. If the offer is right, I will also through in the tie rod ends of my 98 Magnum too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I do agree with you on the point that other manufacturers made fun of Polaris a few years back for the full floorboards and automatic, and then they go introduce there own quad a few years later with these same features. Go figure.

Old 06-20-2001, 02:43 PM
Trailblazer

Yamaha was the first to introduce EBS with the grizzly. Yamaha had ads for the grizzly and its engine braking in september of 97. Then polaris offered the 98 sp500 with ebs and offered the kit to retrofit all the other wonderful pvt quads they sold.

Quick Reply: Polaris should have gotten a PATENT