Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Thinking of buying a Polaris? Think again Polaris sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2001, 12:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and when i was talking about i need a atv that i can ride hard and not have any troubles like a HONDA. But any way I dont ride mine hard and i hardly ever use 4wd and I never go threw any mud. But i am very disapointed in my atv.

This is the kind of terrain i ride.
feilds, very little mud, and water up to my floor boards.

This is how i maintain my atv.
every week i grease all parts.
every 200 miles i change all oil and put the correct amount of oil in.
i wash my atv every time i go riding.
clean air filter once a week.
I take extremly good care of my quad i do not abuse it in any way.

this is a list of all the parts I had to replace sense i have owned my quad

i had to replace black reverse box 3 times
had to replace breaks 2 times
had to replace a-arm bushings 2 times
had to replace shock bushings once
had to replace tie rods once
had to replace engine once
had to replace radiator sensor and radiator fan once

oh and this is realy going to blow your mind!!!!

My brother has the exact same quad as me he had to replace all of these exact same items expect the engine. And his black reverse box only broke once.

And we have only had these Polaris Xpedtions for one year.
This is the honest truth now you can see why i hate Polaris and there very crapie machines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2001, 01:22 PM
Trailblazer

I left bought my first Polaris in '99---a sportsman 500. After reading all the posts at that time I was very nervous. I ride with six or so guys that own Polaris and have had no problems whatsoever. Honda did'nt have a watercooled, 500cc machine at that time and I was wanting to improve over my Honda 300 4x4 which I had owned 3 since they came out in '88. I know that some people can break an anvil with a rubber hammer. I have about 1,500 mi. on this unit with not one trip to the dealers. But-----as someone pointed out with all the negatives that are put out if I had it to do over again I would be highly nervous. I rode my last Honda 2yrs and only lost about $700 on it. I feel I would have to take a larger loss if I sold my Polaris. I try to tell myself that their are more Of the Polaris out there than any of the other makes than Honda and could it be that the people with problem write a lot more than the people that are happy with their rides.

Gardner10
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2001, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

pathfinder95 said it best. If I had trouble with a quad like the kind of problems mentioned, I would have traded it in or sold it or set it on fire or something just so I didn't have to look at it anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]! I have owned 2 Hondas wich were both great to me, 2 Kawasaki's which were just as good and I even bought a Polaris this spring despite in my own opinion they're probably the least reliable brand. So far so good, but if it gave me these horror stories I would sell it instead of complaining.

Old 07-01-2001, 03:57 PM
Trailblazer

<< I am getting a real mans four wheller HONDA!!!!!!!! >>

You need to learn how to spell.

Old 07-01-2001, 05:31 PM
Range Rover

Xpedition425 and I both go to East Lincoln High School-that's the reason for the spelling errors. Sorry 'bout your fourwheeler, dude. Mine is still running strong. Last Saturday me and a few buddies went riding and afterwards had pull-offs with each other. I dragged a Honda Foreman 4x around and then I hooked to a Sportsman 500 and we didn't move at all. My 335 took a pretty abusive day, to say the least.

Old 07-01-2001, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

<< [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]i have a Xpedtion 4x4 with a lift and k&amp;n filter i have 1,500 mile and had the atv one year. I have replaced this black box three times and i dont ride in much water or mud. >>

Out of pure curiosity, why do you have a lift on your machine? Lifts are primarily used when you want to run larger tires. And you said you do very little mudding. Is the lift for looks only? And are you running larger tires?
Also, what black box are you talking about?
Don't take me the wrong way here, I am just curious.

Old 07-01-2001, 07:39 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Well i can tell yall that my 6x6 is a member of the fixer upper club. It has problems with the chains, rear most sprocket and the water pump seal. The water pump seal is my fault for riding in the water too much but this sprocket has went out for the 4th time. I dont mind it but its costing me some $$$$'s and i dont like that. It will out mud a lot of bikes and hang with the big ones that have the 28's but i just cant stand it when the sprocket gives me the trouble it has and then the hot light comes on cause of the seal. I am selling it and getting a 450ES to soup up, I wont have that 450 for long though if that Sp700 ever makes it out. I am still a Polaris man, just want to try something different now. lata, Ryan

Old 07-01-2001, 08:09 PM
Range Rover

The only reason i didnt spell corectly because i was in a hurry.
Superduty 335 i hope you have good luck with your Polaris. But mine just wont hold up Im selling it and getting a Honda. Yes the polaris does perform very well when they last. I put a lift own because sometimes i bottom out going over logs!!! i have original stock tires!!!

Superduty come to Josh,s one day and lets go riding.

My atv is in the shop write now so is Josh,s!!!

give us a call and maybe one day we will ride

735-2672

Old 07-01-2001, 08:22 PM
Range Rover

3TV
i wont and atv with a maintance record like yours my atv takes to much time to repair and less time riding.

Old 07-01-2001, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

When breaking things down it sounds like you got a lemon, I've owned my polaris for a year now without any manufactural related problems, many others can say the same too. Every machine has it's problems, whether the owners like to admit it or not.

ANYTHING THATS MECHANICAL WILL BREAKDOWN, HONDUH OR NOT!!!

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a Polaris? Think again Polaris sucks!