Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Thinking of buying a Polaris? Think again Polaris sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 04:43 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]i have a Xpedtion 4x4 with a lift and k&n filter i have 1,500 mile and had the atv one year. I have replaced this black box three times and i dont ride in much water or mud. I am very pissed off at my atv. everything keeps breaking its in the shop now getting a hole new engine put in. It just decided to lock up on me. Yea i would expect this from a four wheeler that was not taken care of. But I dont ride hard at all and i grease and change all of the fluids every 200-500 miles even thow the dealer say 800 miles. and the peace of crap just keeps breaking. I would tell you every thing that broke on it but that would take all day to list. My friends have Hondas and ride the hell out of them and dont break at all. I am getting a real mans four wheller HONDA!!!!!!!!

i used to have a timberwolf yamaha had it for five years and the only thing i replaced was breaks and break cables 5 times.

and that is the honest truth

POLARIS ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2001, 04:58 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]i bet the reson for the new motor is the RADITOR it WILL do it to any quad w/ water cooling it wont boil over if you CLEAN it after you do alot of muddin to any liquid cooled quad so your opinion is ''polaris sucks'' well we all have different opinons on evrything but if its negitvtave keep it to YOURSELF besides i think polaris has something going for them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Lata

Old 06-30-2001, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

Howdie,

I'm not trying to be a smartA$$ or anything, but thats only 5 whopping posts! How many people are members in this forum? Ever take into consideration that its the owner and not the quad? Yes there are lemons and no I'm not saying Polaris is the best either........A lift kit is not the easiest on the engine either, but it should'nt cause it to have to be replaced?

Speaking of quads owned, I've had 3. The Suzuki took a beating for 10 years(great machine), the warrior I had was a basketcase (most are'nt..."lemon theory applied here&quot and I've had an 00' Scrambler going on 2 years this NOV. I've never had a single problem out of the Scrambler that was not my fault. Its yet to leave me stranded anywhere. Same goes for the Zuki for the 10 years that I kept it.

This is an arguement that has been going on and will be going on forever. Its been beaten into the ground and I guess that I'm here to beat it further.......

""To Each Their Own""

I'll always love my Polaris,

EC

Old 06-30-2001, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

These forums are for the members to find solutions to troubles they are experiencing. Go to any thread, be it Yamaha, Honda, or Suzuki, and you will find that most threads are about mechanical breakdowns.

Just a minute ago, I went to the Bombardier thread. I saw posts such as "Faulty shocks on DS", "slipping clutch on DS', "seized bearing carrier on DS', and the alltime favorite "loud knocking sound on DS at idle".

So what's your point?

Old 06-30-2001, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was just on the Honda forum and seen where xpedition 425 4x4 said that he rode the heck out of his atv every day and xpedition 425 4x4 on this forum said he didn't ride hard at all and that he took care of his atv. If this is the same person then which do you do,ride it hard every day or ride it slow. If this isn't the same person than I apologize and disregard this reply.

Old 06-30-2001, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

I noticed the same thing in the Honda thread. The reason the thread caught my eye was because Ive been a little disgusted with my Xpedition 425 too. In the last 6 months Ive replaced ...stator, shift shaft, cooling fan, key switch, left handlebar switch(start,lights) and still to go on my "to do" list is the ...cooling fan temp sensor, wheel sensor(or speedometer not sure which is bad) and tie rod ends.

You may ask if I ride my quad hard, to that Id have to answer yes. At first I wanted to zip down the trails and even catch a little air now and then but now I prefer a slower pace, usually through mudhole after mudhole so it is still considered hard riding.

You may ask if Ive maintained my quad properly, to that I also answer yes. Grease fitings....after EVERY ride, oil change...every 50 hours, hub and diff fliuds...also about every 50 hrs. Also I have lubed the cables, cleaned tha K/N air filter, changed fuel filter, spark plug, etc etc...you get my point.

Im really starting to wonder about the Xpedition 425's reliability. At first, everyone including myself were very pleased with the Xpedition, now after 2 years I see more and more threads about disgusted Xped owners. It makes you wonder doesnt it?

PS...Im much happier with my quad now that I can ride it again! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2001, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer

It's alot like the old AMC Harley's were: They look good, but they seldom run. I know, I know a loyalist would rather push a polaris than ride a Honda, and they will get the chance.

Old 07-01-2001, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Thats weird about you guys's Xpeditions giving you so much trouble, because i've got a friend that has had 2 2000 Xpedtion's, still has one of them, and neither one of them have given them very little trouble all i know of is on the one he has now, he had a front wheel drive wire mess up, he got a stick hung in there and it snapped the wiresand the little cover in half, but they have help up real good, and hopefully they still will hold up good for a long long time! You guys must have bought some lemons or something! LOL j/k

Peace Out Guys!!!!

Old 07-01-2001, 11:24 AM
Trailblazer

It sucks when an ATV breaks, so far tha has not happened to me now that I switched from the supposed reliable brands to Polaris, you know with use they all will need a repair, simple as that. Honestly if people don't like there Polaris get rid of it and quit crying and moaning. no sense to be unhappy with an ATV, it is for fun not aggravation.

Old 07-01-2001, 12:37 PM
Range Rover

armudder i dont even go mud riding in my polaris and my oil temp light never comes on and for your opinion i not only clean my radiator i draned the ant freezes and put new antfreez in. And the peace of sh** still breaks

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a Polaris? Think again Polaris sucks!